Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: ARP 625's or Revmax Valve body and triple disc convertor?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ARP 625's or Revmax Valve body and triple disc convertor?

Thanks to the snow I have a little play money. Had been planning on ARP 625's just for piece of mind. (And to bump up to a 150hp tune) Truck is deleted 2013 running Ray @Double R Diesel tunes and Raceme Ultra. 5 Inch turbo back flo pro, 35's and 3:42 rear. I typically run the 120hp tune and never open her up without being fully up to operating temps per Rays advice. With the newest Raceme update, my trans tuning pretty much went out the window and I'm hoping Raceme will be diving into that portion of the tuning so I can get my great previous trans tuning back, otherwise honestly I may sell the ultra and try the ezlynk. Anyway, Ray suggested the Revmax valve body and ultra low convertor which wasnt really in the budget but now I'm seriously considering it. I sont plan on any bigger turbos or anything like that just probably the 625's later on. Truck has 55k miles and no trans issues that I'm aware of, so I'm thinkin these may be a better
    ugrade right now. Another thing I have to consider is that my buddy locally is a BD dealer and says he can get me a smokin deal (his cost) on their triple force convertor. I know they make a pressure plate for the trans but that looks like a cheesy solution compared tothe revmax valvebody for close to the same price. Also @Ray (if you are checking in here) , will you be able to do the necessary tuning with the way my current trans tuning is having issues if I upgrade to the revmax or BD trans parts? Any input you guys could provide would be great. This is a lot of money to dump nto a perfectly fine running truck and I want to make sure I do it wisely. This is my second diesel and I only put a Edge EZ on my previous truck so this is uncharted territory for me! Thanks fellas!!

2. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: ARP 625's or Revmax Valve body and triple disc convertor?

Look into the BD parts bud. Research it good and if you got a buddy there, that's a good thing. Revmax lost my support when they withdrew from sponsoring this forum, and are no longer vendors.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks Muskiebri, Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Revmax lost my support when they withdrew from sponsoring this forum, and are no longer vendors.
    Ooo... I didn't realize that. Then I'd love to see more discussion on non-RevMax VB / torque converter / complete transmission supplier options. There's enough people on this forum that are upgrading trannys that we could take a less known but good company and help them become even better.

Noneck, I'm almost exactly in the same situation as you. My plan was to do the ARP625's and get the RevMax VB and ultra low torque converter. Then maybe down the road a ways get a Signature 550 or 700 RevMax. But now maybe I'll shop around more and listen to what others say about this (based on what RATLIN'HP said) before sending cash RevMax's direction.

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

6. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

One of my customers who does transmissions says he can get me a triple disc converter for his cost of 500 and send my valve body out and have it done. Only thing holding me back is not knowing who the company is and if im able to get it tuned by Ray once i get it back. Anyone familiar with how different a converter and valve body can be when it comes to other companies. Can there be huge differences?

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

8. Likes Muskiebri, RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    One of my customers who does transmissions says he can get me a triple disc converter for his cost of 500 and send my valve body out and have it done. Only thing holding me back is not knowing who the company is and if im able to get it tuned by Ray once i get it back. Anyone familiar with how different a converter and valve body can be when it comes to other companies. Can there be huge differences?
    The only ones that can't be tuned is the ones that come with their on controller. An they still can be custom Tuned to a certian extent.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. Likes Muskiebri, RATLIN'HP, Noneck liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DUST1N View Post
    I was thinking operationally the torque convertors couldn't really be much different. Construction wise and quality wise they may differ but they both sound like good converters for what I need. I was considering the BD converter due to pricing and the revmax valve body as it appears to be more substantial than the BD solution for increased pressure which appears to just be a steel spacer plate. I had thought Revmax was a sponsor here, but couldn't find them when I looked. Now I know why, however it appears that some of the supporting vendors here sell the revmax so I'm not sure I'd write them off completely at this point.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

12. Thanks DUST1N thanked for this post
    Likes DUST1N liked this post