Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGT Sensor Install Tools

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGT Sensor Install Tools

Good Evening IGAC Crew,

Ordered some stuff from Ray... does anyone know if the EGT Sensor kit comes with the drill bit and threading tool?

If not, I’m looking for guidance on what I’ll need to prepare for the arrival of the sensor for install.

Didn’t see this in the search.

2. Likes walla2k5, Bpbertolacini liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGT Sensor Install Tools

@Double R Diesel?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Good Evening IGAC Crew,

Ordered some stuff from Ray... does anyone know if the EGT Sensor kit comes with the drill bit and threading tool?

If not, I’m looking for guidance on what I’ll need to prepare for the arrival of the sensor for install.

If you are not using an egr delete kit, you will have to drill and tap the manifold for the probe. Drill and tap is not included.

You will need a 1/8npt tap. Drill size should be noted on tap package when its purchased.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, olyeller40 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Good Evening IGAC Crew,

There are a bunch of videos on you tube that show the process, if you don't have the delete kit.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Got it, thanks.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My 2 cents, buy a good tap and bit, Don't want your tap breaking off in the manifold. I bought mine at Grainger. Not cheap but worth it. Also make sure you use oil of grease when drilling and cutting the threads. Also drill a pilot hole or get a drill bit with a pilot point. I also used a small wand magnet to remove any shavings from inside the manifold.

10. Likes Clutch liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1968rt View Post
    My 2 cents, buy a good tap and bit, Don't want your tap breaking off in the manifold. I bought mine at Grainger. Not cheap but worth it. Also make sure you use oil of grease when drilling and cutting the threads. Also drill a pilot hole or get a drill bit with a pilot point. I also used a small wand magnet to remove any shavings from inside the manifold.

All good info... I saw videos online over the installation which gave me most of the info. I did make note of the oil and the pilot hole/point. The rest was already on my radar.

I have a lot of specialty tools as the job calls for it. I don’t like getting a package and then having to go through the process of killing more time to consolidate everything. I prefer to prep in advance. Now, when I get the stuff I have less excuses and obstacles to the install.

In my world, it feels more efficient.

12. Likes Clutch liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Something I’ve used with success that’s not a requirement but a small extendable magnet to stick down in the manifold and get the shavings that may fall in/around the drilled hole

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I really should get one but I’ve been using a screw driver that I magnetized with a speaker. Cheap alternative even though those telescoping magnets are under $7.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I really should get one but I’ve been using a screw driver that I magnetized with a speaker. Cheap alternative even though those telescoping magnets are under $7.
    you can do that same trick to small gauge steel rod. easy to bend into the shape you need.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast