Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Static Shock

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Static Shock

I've noticed that nearly every time I leave this truck (2016 3500 Tradesman)I get a static shock on my left shoulder or left elbow from B pillar. Seems weird. I have weather tech floor mats and I'm wearing boots that have a rating for electrical hazards if that makes any difference. Is it possible I'm missing a ground strap or something? Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Static Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    I've noticed that nearly every time I leave this truck (2016 3500 Tradesman)I get a static shock on my left shoulder or left elbow from B pillar. Seems weird. I have weather tech floor mats and I'm wearing boots that have a rating for electrical hazards if that makes any difference. Is it possible I'm missing a ground strap or something? Does anyone else have this problem?
    Every so often this will happen in any vehicle im in. Might just be you or where your driving has more electrical charge on it LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Clutch liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Static electricity. Dry air, low humidity could make it do that. It happens to me sometimes getting out of my truck.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes walla2k5, Clutch liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It's awful far into spring for the general humidity to be low enough generate static. That is more of a winter time thing...

You mentioned wearing EH boots... Do you park your truck around transmission towers for any length of time?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Thanks Clutch thanked for this post
    Likes Clutch, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    It's awful far into spring for the general humidity to be low enough generate static. That is more of a winter time thing...

You mentioned wearing EH boots... Do you park your truck around transmission towers for any length of time?

Greg
    Yes sir. You may be on to something here. I frequently park next to several switchyards. My truck could be parked along the switch yard fence between 2-8 hours per day. It seems painfully obvious now, LOL. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes sir. You may be on to something here. I frequently park next to several switchyards. My truck could be parked along the switch yard fence between 2-8 hours per day. It seems painfully obvious now, LOL. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anytime!! I know this all too well. I was a distribution lineman for 10 years before taking job on a tech team. We used to say "not enough to hurt you, but enough to make you hurt yourself". LOL! Stay safe!

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Grab the B pillar prior to exit & keep ahold til you get both feet on the ground, should stop the blast.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyvco View Post
    Grab the B pillar prior to exit & keep ahold til you get both feet on the ground, should stop the blast.
    LOL, I think I'll just find another parking spot.

16. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post