Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cummins allison conversation

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins allison conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Good thoughts and reality are most of the time far apart! I'll just have my 48re built and be done. But a 68 would be nice....

HAMMERHEAD
    I'll second this, love my built 48re! A built 68RFE at anything over 750rwhp is a crap shoot and the clunkyness and defueling of the Allison is something I can definitely live without.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I have very limited notes remaining from my time pondering this in my book. and it is mostly questions I needed more information on. I am sorry I can't be of more help

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Good thoughts and reality are most of the time far apart! I'll just have my 48re built and be done. But a 68 would be nice....

You can say that again.

HAMMERHEAD
    Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Yeah that's what I was trying to explain but you said it better than I and to get all that wiring and hardware and run all that, is going to be a hefty price compare to getting what you got just rebuilt. The ideals cool but what it's going to cost is your first and second born.
    I would imagine the 68 could be done with a PLC. You need a dozen Hard I/O and a whole bunch of analog I/O. The gears are engaged with Solenoids. The shifting is done with a different sent. The shifting is done by collecting data from the engine and trans and maybe hydraulic pressures. In my day, I could write the program for it. If you can collect the info, you can make it work. Some people just can't think out of the box. I know one guy though. . . @Double R Diesel

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Sisupower, beans20 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I can sell you the adapter and Allison MT643 off my bus LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123