Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob here. Emission intact tuning question.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Noob here. Emission intact tuning question.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMal View Post
    Been a whole lot of EPA crackdowns the past few weeks on tuning companies. Most if not all based in the U.S. have closed down.

Another issue is, though I am new to this forum been with diesels since the 1990's and until two weeks ago Cummins and Ecodiesel before just getting a 2019 Cummins again. There does not seem to be any tuning like GDE did for the Ecodiesel. When they were in operation you could get an ECM with a changed injection pattern, total shut-off of the EGR, sensors turned off the DEF so you could run water and all without physically altering any of the emissions equipment.

Sure wish there was something like that for Cummins. Now it looks like it will be tough to get any kind of tune unless the current governmental interference plays out and companies can work around it.
    Welcome! Same CaptainMal from Ecodiesel.com? I’m glad to see you came to the Cummins side. LOL
    Did you get rid of your Eco? Post a pic of that new 2019 beast.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Likes david3gen, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Oh trust me I know. I think there will always be a work around, but its going to put the cost to the customers (R&D and legal battles).

If I didn't like the truck so much I would have gotten a gaser.

Cleaning the emissions is easy just time consuming.

Pretty sure equipment will improve. I'm looking forward to see how the new studies on how the DEF byproduct will change the use of it.

Time will tell.

4. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I will get banned but CTT offers emissions intact tuning.

Everything stays and they modify what needs to be done.

I hear it works well.

You will also need to buy an ezlynk separately, but they can be had from many sources.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189, CaptainMal thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post

I hear it works well.

You will also need to buy an ezlynk separately, but they can be had from many sources.

Why would you get banned?

@slowtek on new exhaust systems emissions intact tuning works really well.

For higher mileage exhaust systems it may cause issues.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Mentioning another tuner. It happens.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMal View Post
    Been a whole lot of EPA crackdowns the past few weeks on tuning companies. Most if not all based in the U.S. have closed down.

Another issue is, though I am new to this forum been with diesels since the 1990's and until two weeks ago Cummins and Ecodiesel before just getting a 2019 Cummins again. There does not seem to be any tuning like GDE did for the Ecodiesel. When they were in operation you could get an ECM with a changed injection pattern, total shut-off of the EGR, sensors turned off the DEF so you could run water and all without physically altering any of the emissions equipment.

Sure wish there was something like that for Cummins. Now it looks like it will be tough to get any kind of tune unless the current governmental interference plays out and companies can work around it.
    Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Thank you. Ill take a look.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post

I hear it works well.

Just took a look at the website and read some forums about the (renamed used to be HPP) company. They have everything I'm looking for (unless I'm missing something) and use my phone as the display. lifetime support, SOTF tuning (don't need the last two tunes but its ok), and transmission tune for $850. Which I like.

If they boot you for giving me information I was seeking then that's stupid TBH. I asked a question and you answered it. It was my hopes that some vendors would reach out, but they didn't. I'm not mad, but I wont fork out the membership cost just to have them to say they have nothing that meets my intentions.

I may subscribe soon just because of the Cummins themed site. I'm sure it has great things to offer.

Take care man and thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast