Likes Likes:  39
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Start with 12V Tune

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Cold Start with 12V Tune

[QUOTE=Agent47;125582]
    Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    So I fired up my cold truck this morning and it's been cooler out but not crazy cold. I fired up with the 12 valve tune loaded and it was a fairly rough start and she smoked like crazy. I then noticed when I was slowly driving out of my street that it was pouring out white smoke. I pulled away from a stop sign a little harder and the smoke stopped for a bit and then came back again so I turned it back to a normal tune and the smoke went away. Does anybody no if it's bad to cold start in the 12 valve tune? Or was it something to do with the lack of pilot injection casing the smoke? I'm not too concerned because the truck ran great the rest of the day, didn't feel any lack of power from a faulty injector or have anymore...

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |[/
    How'd you make the rig fire with the 12v tune enabled man? I have it set to every key on and everything but it just won't do it. I don't know if I set it up wrong or what. Could you please walk me through it???QUOTE]
    All I did was turn the key to get the grid heater going and then selected my 12v tune while I loaded the truck up. By the time I was back to turn the key the tune was loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hey guys, try not to load tunes while the grid heater is cycling. We've heard of this creating issues with some trucks. Low voltage while loading can be bad news. That's one reason Ray recommends setting tuner to 'load once' instead of 'every key on'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Hey guys, try not to load tunes while the grid heater is cycling. We've heard of this creating issues with some trucks. Low voltage while loading can be bad news. That's one reason Ray recommends setting tuner to 'load once' instead of 'every key on'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Good answer. My truck always starts fine even with the 12v tune enabled. However run characteristics go to muck if I try to engage the 12 valve tune before the batteries have had a chance to take a charge up above 13.5 volts, even though the batteries are fine. Loss of power white smoke on mild decel. With rpms up. And also with no load accel

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I wonder if there's a way to rig the sound tunes to a csp5 switch so it's more reliable/ instantaneous. Let's ask Ray?

8. Thanks Badger2078 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Badger2078 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Agent47 View Post
    I wonder if there's a way to rig the sound tunes to a csp5 switch so it's more reliable/ instantaneous. Let's ask Ray?
    I wonder if any /multiple tunes can be linked to a csp5 also???

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

No we can't do it in switch mode. It takes the RT function to make the 12V sound.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks Agent47, Badger2078, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Unrelated: has anyone seen this sweating before? What does it mean? How bad?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Unrelated: has anyone seen this sweating before? What does it mean? How bad?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e73d7e779c.jpg

Looks like the seal maybe leaking a little bit. It’s hard to tell in the pic.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12