Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight Pipe Vs TBE

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Straight Pipe Vs TBE

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    I have a 2014 SRW. No mods to the engine or exauhst yet. That is why j was asking about the difference between the two systems.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I missed the point of your original question. I thought you were asking if there's a difference between the stock exhaust and race pipes.

I have a 2014 as well. I kept the existing tailpipe and just had Double R Diesel send me the Flo~Pro race pipes that replace the DPF and SCR. Worked out great. Sounds great. And not that expensive.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    I am wondering if there is a big performance difference between a straight pipe vs a full exhaust. I am asking for a couple of reasons.
    1st- as I was rolling around under the truck looking at the exhaust I felt like the existing exhaust is a quality product, I "feel" like I don't need to replace the whole thing. Is this true?
    2nd- a straight pipe seems like it would simplify the installation/delete process. Basically I want to keep and use the existing mounts and hangers and maintain the factory down pipe and conceptions to the turbo.
    3rd- the price difference. If I can save a few bucks, I can then throw that money towards other mods.

Let me know what you think, I value your opinion.
    Ben

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I put on a AFE SS 5 inch exaust with muffler and love it sounds great it's loud great tone but not obnoxious as some I have seen and heard with no drone in cab and used all factory hangers

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

4. Likes walla2k5, bajaben liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I thought that the factory downpipe still contains catalyst material.... so, downpipe-back only rids you of the DPF & SCR restriction. Can anyone verify this?

6. Top Of Page | #14

On my 16, the Downpipe has nothing in it. I think previous years had something though.

So I went with the FloPro 868NB delete pipe for now. Plan on going to a 5” TBE down the road after I’ve done headstuds and other stuff to support more horsepower. For now, i just wanted to get all that crap off my truck while it was still young. Deleted at 18k miles

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, ZeroSignal liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I went with a delete pipe. On my 2012 the exhaust gas goes turbo->cat->nox filter->DPF->muffler. In my case the delete pipe went from the outlet of the CAT to the muffler thereby deleting the NOX filter and the DPF. I paid roughly half what I would have for a turbo back system and so far the truck runs great

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

9. Likes ZeroSignal liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12