Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling a tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

Selling a tuner

I have a raceme ultra that I don't keep plugged into my truck(hate the look of a tuner stuck on the windshield with wires hanging off it), only used it to flash the ecm with rays tune. I'm happy with the results of the tune and don't plan on adding any power in the future so I want to recoup some of the expense of the deletes by selling the raceme. If I disclose that it was used for one VIN, can someone else use it to program their truck? Will they have to buy anything else like a vin unlock code?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Selling a tuner

Quote Originally Posted by pilot53 View Post
    I have a raceme ultra that I don't keep plugged into my truck(hate the look of a tuner stuck on the windshield with wires hanging off it), only used it to flash the ecm with rays tune. I'm happy with the results of the tune and don't plan on adding any power in the future so I want to recoup some of the expense of the deletes by selling the raceme. If I disclose that it was used for one VIN, can someone else use it to program their truck? Will they have to buy anything else like a vin unlock code?
    They won't be able to use Rays tuning unless they pay for new tunes due to the vin numbers not matching. Also they won't have to buy more vin licenses as the Ultra comes with three. Only the box tunes will work on another truck but the buyer still has the opportunity to buy custom tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3

Ok that makes sense. I didn't expect them to be able to use my custom tune, that wouldn't be fair to ray anyway. But as long as they can use the box tunes and purchase their own custom tune I don't see an issue.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't recommend selling it. There can be, and has been times that a tune loaded, no matter who's tune it is, will start to act up. I don't want to say it's like over time the ecm might start to reject the tune, but it seems like that is kinda what I've read has happened in a few instances. You don't read a lot about it because most people don't just leave a tune alone, and flash or reflash new tunes, change power levels, and so on. So what I'm saying is if your ecm would happen to not want to cooperate with your tuning someday, you'll be screwed without the tuning device. With it all you need to do is flash it again, and problem solved. Without it, screwed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

They will have to buy a vin unlock from raceme.
    You only get one, but can buy three additional vin unlocks for a total of four per tuner.
    I bought a used raceme for my truck from a neighbor who traded for a Chevy and no longer needed it. It was vin locked to his truck and still is but I bought an additional vin unlock for it.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    They will have to buy a vin unlock from raceme.
    You only get one, but can buy three additional vin unlocks for a total of four per tuner.
    I bought a used raceme for my truck from a neighbor who traded for a Chevy and no longer needed it. It was vin locked to his truck and still is but I bought an additional vin unlock for it.
    What kind of idiot neighbor do you have no one in their right mind would ever trade a Cummins for a pos Chevy

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What yr. truck will the tuner fit and price?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I don't recommend selling it. There can be, and has been times that a tune loaded, no matter who's tune it is, will start to act up. I don't want to say it's like over time the ecm might start to reject the tune, but it seems like that is kinda what I've read has happened in a few instances. You don't read a lot about it because most people don't just leave a tune alone, and flash or reflash new tunes, change power levels, and so on. So what I'm saying is if your ecm would happen to not want to cooperate with your tuning someday, you'll be screwed without the tuning device. With it all you need to do is flash it again, and problem solved. Without it, screwed.

I'm having that issue right now, do you know what what done to fix that issue? I emailed Ray the other day and he seemed kinda lost mainly because what the truck is doing hard to pin point the issue, I was think the raceme unit itself is messing up...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sinister egr/throttle delete, afe stage 2 si, turbo back flow pro straight 4'', race me ultra custom tuned by DRD!

10. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post

Yeah that is a risk, but I figure I can take my chances and if it does act up I can just order another one, maybe with just the ability to run a custom tune. I only care about running rays tune at this point.

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pilot53 View Post
    Yeah that is a risk, but I figure I can take my chances and if it does act up I can just order another one, maybe with just the ability to run a custom tune. I only care about running rays tune at this point.
    I highly recommend Ray's tunning and the MM3

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast