Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: warp tuning for 08.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

warp tuning for 08.

I'm looking for someone that does warp tuning for the 08, if no one does, could/would anyone guide me some if i purchased the dongle and tried my hand at it?

i've been playing around with the software, is anyone willing to help me know what needs to be ticked to delete the egr/DPF stuff.

the "stock" tunes are ok, but i'd like some tweeks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: warp tuning for 08.

There were a few guys on here that were tuning thier own trucks with Warp. Maybe one of them can help you out.

If you decide to get a professional to tune your truck i highly recommend Ray @Double R Diesel. You will not find better service or support anywhere.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

they dont tune the 08.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Jonathan at HPP can
    Starlite
    Calibrated Addiction

Most don't advertise 07.5-09 but will do them. Transmissions can't be tuned with the RaceME/MM3 so they just stay with 10+
    For transmission you need to get a TCM bench tuned. Or use a different programmer

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

i have a G56 mega,

So it turns out the one my wife got me has the blue dongle thing, i'm still getting this all sorted out. anyhow it was plugged into the computer, and i can now write my own files. so fallowing a video or two, i received the truck file, and proceeded to try and edit it.
    i turned off any and all EGR, DPF, that whole section is "off" and i flashed my new file to my truck, grinning ear to ear, only to find i did something wrong, and gt a CEL, with several messages,
    P0405
    P144E
    P2141
    P245C
    now mind you my truck is deleted, obviously.
    any help would be awesome!! i'm not asking for the coveted fueling maps. just some pointers please.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

so... i might have figured something out... but the task ahead is daunting if i understand it correctly.
    i can turn off DTC, one at a time, and a google search shows 100's, am i to understand that i have to type one at a time in and turn it off... that's gonna take HOURS!!! is there a list of needed vs unneeded ones?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    so... i might have figured something out... but the task ahead is daunting if i understand it correctly.
    i can turn off DTC, one at a time, and a google search shows 100's, am i to understand that i have to type one at a time in and turn it off... that's gonna take HOURS!!! is there a list of needed vs unneeded ones?
    Sorry, I can't answer your questions, but may be the reason the tuners charge a good bit to write tunes... if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
    Good luck!

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

There's certain things that can be turned off without causing problems ya. Try giving Tyler at RaceME Canada a call. He may be able to tell you that much

As I said before I highly doubt anyone will assist in writing tunes. Even basic knowledge

It would be nice if so but they don't want to give money away basically. The only ones that would give any sort of answers I'm aware of would be Starlite since he teaches classes on the stuff

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well I'm not scared to give away the info I've learned. i'm not out to make a buck on this. This forum is for people to help others, so i'm going to embrace that idea.
    The above mentioned DTC, i went and turned those ones off as well as one more. and now it's error free. as least for now. i only drove it 10 miles to see how my stock only with deletes acted, it was as expected.
    now i'll start in on the mapping changes I would like.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You are much braver than me my friend. If I remember correctly @Cummins7 was writing his own Warp tunes. Maybe he has some insight for you.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast