Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick questions before deleting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Quick questions before deleting

Got my MM3 all mounted up and received my tunes from Ray. I'll be doing a Diamond Eye 4" TBE and just unplugging the EGR and throttle valve for now. Got an HPP plug kit for the exhaust connections. Just so I'm clear...I load my tunes and then get to work on the delete? I've watched Ray's videos and the last step in tuning is to start the truck. I'm assuming this will be fine even though everything will still be intact at that point? Also, I'm currently running a BD throttle sensitivity booster...do I need to remove it or can it stay? I'd like to keep it if I can.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Quick questions before deleting

Yes load the tunes then start the truck to see if all is good thats what i did when he sent the tunes to me never had a issue. Before u load the new tunes make for sure your batterys r up and good and the truck is hot or up to temp. I did a fair well ride before I loaded the new tunes in the truck so the heater wouldn't kick on and I knew the batterys where charged up.

3. Thanks Jake94134 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94134 View Post
    Got my MM3 all mounted up and received my tunes from Ray. I'll be doing a Diamond Eye 4" TBE and just unplugging the EGR and throttle valve for now. Got an HPP plug kit for the exhaust connections. Just so I'm clear...I load my tunes and then get to work on the delete? I've watched Ray's videos and the last step in tuning is to start the truck. I'm assuming this will be fine even though everything will still be intact at that point? Also, I'm currently running a BD throttle sensitivity booster...do I need to remove it or can it stay? I'd like to keep it if I can.
    As from my experience you have around 100 miles of driving before it has to be off but if you don't have to drive I wouldn't I would just remove it all then enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Jake94134 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks guys...can anyone weigh in on the BD TSB question?

7. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That would be a question for ray if he could chime in

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94134 View Post
    Thanks guys...can anyone weigh in on the BD TSB question?
    That would be a question for Ray @Double R Diesel friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I think I would as the throttle response is a night and day difference once the mm3 is installed. One less thing in the mix.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I think I would as the throttle response is a night and day difference once the mm3 is installed. One less thing in the mix.

I would agree, you may not want / need the sensitivity booster after you update the ecm. The throttle response is completely different once the tunes are installed.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

15. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Rays tunes are awesome and bad *** to boot

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

17. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Well, got her done this morning. Took 5 hours to do everything, but I was flying solo after a 12 hour night shift. That v band clamp on the downpipe was a real exercise in patience. Straight pipe sounds great. The Aeroturbine doesn't come until Thursday, so I'll probably throw that in next weekend. I'm running Ray's 90 hp tune and the power is very apparent. Trans feels a bit clunky from time to time, but I think it's probably still learning. I did keep the throttle sensitivity booster installed and, even with the Warp tuning, its presence is obvious. Running it at the 75% setting, which seems to be the sweet spot for me. I've only driven about 50 miles, but I am a happy camper so far!

19. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast