Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 death wobble

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 death wobble

Just experienced death wobble in my 2015 2500, 4x4, Cummins. Stock suspension, but I have a steering box brace already. I put the brace on prior to any wobble. Only 32k miles on it. Ball joints can't be bad already can they? Tie rod ends maybe. Did they have a recall I missed on these?

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 death wobble

Quote Originally Posted by JDaniel View Post
    Just experienced death wobble in my 2015 2500, 4x4, Cummins. Stock suspension, but I have a steering box brace already. I put the brace on prior to any wobble. Only 32k miles on it. Ball joints can't be bad already can they? Tie rod ends maybe. Did they have a recall I missed on these?
    How are your tires? What size tires are you running? No ball joints shouldn't go that quick but you never know. Check your track bar as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Stock 18" Firestone tires. With 32k on them. No lift or tires yet. That's next. Just want to get this fixed first. Plan on a Carli Commuter or backcountry with tax returns. Then run 35's on 18's

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A steering box brace will do absolutely nothing for death wobble. It MAY increase the longevity of your steering box, but other than that, and maybe masking a worn part, it's not doing anything. Have you crawled under the front end while the truck is running, and had someone rock the steering wheel back and forth while you check all of your rod ends, and the track bar for play?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

They did have recalls at one time for the track bar mount on the frame. Can't remember how many years that went through but it's worth checking the weld around that for sure.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Check your drag link also had my jam nuts back off twice in the first 30000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, John Gianotti thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Dealer called, they are ordering a steering stabilizer, and the upper driver ball joint has play in it. They also said the tires may be separating the belts and may need replacing. But they will try the warranty fix first, and call me if they need tires.

14. Thanks Hulk, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes Hulk, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Soo if I need tires I'm gonna go ahead and order my lift and some rims and tires all in one shot. Questions are.
    1. Carli commuter, or backcountry. I'm mostly on road and I tow alot, plus my in bed Lance camper need to be usable. My off road is mostly beach and some overland stuff. Will the Carli kits work for me or will they be too soft for the camper?

2. Custom offsets for wheels and tires? Bfg all terrain, or some other a/t tire that is decent in snow?

Last edited by JDaniel; 12-26-2016 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Soo if I need tires I'm gonna go ahead and order my lift and some rims and tires all in one shot. Questions are.
    1. Carli commuter, or backcountry. I'm mostly on road and I tow alot, plus my in bed Lance camper need to be usable. My off road is mostly beach and some overland stuff. Will the Carli kits work for me or will they be too soft for the camper?

2. Custom offsets for wheels and tires? Bfg all terrain, or some other a/t tire that is decent in snow?
    @Rhinopkc

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1. Backcountry, you will need bags or timbrens when running the camper. The rear springs are pretty soft.
    2. Do not run BFGs on your truck, they don't hold up. Get a Toyo or Nitto.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast