Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple questions about deleting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

A couple questions about deleting

I know google is my friend but figured I'd ask here as I've been reading posts and comments for 3 days or so and deleting looks like it's the way to go. My truck is a stock 2016 QC with 8k on it, it still has all the factory emissions installed.

1)Considering the MM3 and plan to keep the downpipe, is it ok to leave the existing O2 sensors in place and connected or do I need to remove the sensors and plug the bungs or just disconnect the connectors and seal them up?

2)I presently have a BD Plat GT installed with a TPS booster, I know that will have to be removed but I can read 1st and 2nd pyro with the BD, I take it the MM3 pyro senor will not be able to use my existing plug harness and a new wire will have to ran, correct?

3) If i order downpipe back exhaust with the pyro sensor with the bung come in the pipe?

Any tips and insight will be appreciated. Thx

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: A couple questions about deleting

Quote Originally Posted by Md Jeff View Post
    I know google is my friend but figured I'd ask here as I've been reading posts and comments for 3 days or so and deleting looks like it's the way to go. My truck is a stock 2016 QC with 8k on it, it still has all the factory emissions installed.

1)Considering the MM3 and plan to keep the downpipe, is it ok to leave the existing O2 sensors in place and connected or do I need to remove the sensors and plug the bungs or just disconnect the connectors and seal them up?

2)I presently have a BD Plat GT installed with a TPS booster, I know that will have to be removed but I can read 1st and 2nd pyro with the BD, I take it the MM3 pyro senor will not be able to use my existing plug harness and a new wire will have to ran, correct?

3) If i order downpipe back exhaust with the pyro sensor with the bung come in the pipe?

Any tips and insight will be appreciated. Thx
    If you are completely deleting you’ll need to install a 4” or 5” Flo Pro TBE exhaust system along with MM3 from Ray at DRD if your gonna run Emissions Intact Tuning then no need to remove any hard parts but you’ll need MM3 emissions intact tuning

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is where I need help; completely deleting? I plan to leave my CC in place but remove the DPF, def and whatever else is in the exhaust, I was planning on leaving the egr in place but disconnected/deleted by the MM3, is there any gain by removing the downpipe? I've read it will help keep the noise down and has no ill effect on performance or mileage, is this wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    If you are completely deleting you’ll need to install a 4” or 5” Flo Pro TBE exhaust system al9ng with MM3 from Ray at DRD if your gonna run Emissions Intact Tuning then no need to remove any hard parts but you’ll need MM3 emissions intact tuning

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

This is where I need help; completely deleting? I plan to leave my CC in place but remove the DPF, def and whatever else is in the exhaust, I was planning on leaving the egr in place but disconnected/deleted by the MM3, is there any gain by removing the downpipe? I've read it will help keep the noise down and has no ill effect on performance or mileage, is this wrong?
    I am running the 5” Flo Pro TBE just the first section of pipe connected directly to the turbo you can just go ahead and unplug the EGR and the Throttle Valve after you have the custom tunes from Ray at DRD on your MM3 you don’t have to remove EGR or Throttle Valve if you don’t want to you can do it later on down the line

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sure you got great performance with it, how did the sound inside the truck change? Asking because we tow 8hrs sometimes and I'm worried without the Cat in place the noise inside the truck would greatly increase.
    I am running the 5” Flo Pro TBE just the first section of pipe connected directly to the turbo you can just go ahead and unplug the EGR and the Throttle Valve after you have the custom tunes from Ray at DRD on your MM3 you don’t have to remove EGR or Throttle Valve if you don’t want to you can do it later on down the line

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sure you got great performance with it, how did the sound inside the truck change? Asking because we tow 8hrs sometimes and I'm worried without the Cat in place the noise inside the truck would greatly increase.
    To each their own for me it isn’t very loud love mine all I can tell you is try it for yourself if it is to loud your to old

12. Likes Md Jeff, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I can see it now, loud truck=loud wife about the loud truck... a little noise isn't bad, just don't want obnoxious
    To each their own for me it isn’t very loud love mine all I can tell you is try it for yourself if it is to loud your to old

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It really isn’t very loud inside the cab of our trucks they are so well sound insulated not to bad you can talk inside cab to other people if that’s what your worried about bud

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I can see it now, loud truck=loud wife about the load truck... a little noise isn't bad, just don't want obnoxious
    It isn’t obnoxious at all just sounds mean with a little grumble or growl

18. Likes Md Jeff, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Exhaust volume can be managed by adding or using a muffler. Vibration can be significantly reduced by adding a flex pipe between the down pipe and the rest of your exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. Likes Md Jeff liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast