Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99% street with some towing. Level stance n 35s

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

99% street with some towing. Level stance n 35s

Still fairly new and reading lots of threads about performance and suspension (the two best things in the world). I was leaning towards a 3" lift by carli but I think it may be overkill for me. I have another truck that i do all my off-roading in so this Ram is my street queen along with some recreational towing. Its a 2017 Limited so its pretty fancy and I like my stock wheels. I feel i dont need much for suspension on this truck and would just like a more level stance and some 35/12.50s on my stock wheels and then some bumpers. The rest of my interest is purely performance. Im not about to put junk on a 75k rig so I am not looking for cheapest level option, but something fairly simple since I do not expect lots of off-road performance. I also hate tail draggers so if its front only, I would like to make sure its not too high. Would love some feedback here and I appreciate the advice very much.

2017 Megacab 4x4 Longhorn Limited black on black

2. Thanks DDP, jf336 thanked for this post
    Likes DDP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 99% street with some towing. Level stance n 35s

Have ya looked at thuren? Thuren is extremely comparable to Carli.

They offer front spring leveling which will give you a much nicer ride and the stance your looking for.

What kind of performance are ya looking to Do? Feel free to shoot us a message and check out our website!

https://www.dudesdieselperformance.com

Dude's Diesel Performance
    281-895-DUDE (3833)

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks jf336 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Oh and I forgot to mention I was looking at the Icon 2.5 lift stage one which looks to include 4 icon shock and front springs for around $1000. Havent found anything on the forum about this as most of it is carli and other brands I havent heard of (sorry I came from half ton world where Icon is huge)

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks. Like I mentioned, i am 99% street with this truck so a quality level is what im looking for to go with 35" tires on my stock wheels. It is important I keep my stock wheels so I am not going to install anything that makes me buy new wheels. Love my wheels. I'll look into the thuren level kits. I will have a front bumper replacement with grill guard, so a little added weight I suppose up front. But also a rear bumper replacement.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes sir completely understood. You shouldn't have to change your wheels at all with just springs. Even if you ended up doing a full suspension one day, thuren makes control arms that should allow you to still keep your stock wheels and 35's with no rubbing on the arms.

Thuren is designed for off-road and street performance just like carli. I think you would be very pleased with their products.

Also do a Google search, you'll find tons of info on Thuren and many many happy customers!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help ya with!

281-895-DUDE (3833)

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks TXRAM thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I run Thuren front springs and fox 2.0 shocks that are tuned to match, with the thuren adjustable track bar. @Dude's Diesel Performance can hook you up. I will say it's a dead level set up, but parked at a certain way, it sometimes can give the illusion of a little bit of a tail dragger, but it's not. It's just dead level. There's things I could do to the rear to give it a half inch or so but I have air bags in place for towing also. So sometimes I run the air up to just 15 psi to to take away that occasional appearance when it's parked in just the right spot, that makes it look a little low in rear.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks TXRAM thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm running the Thuren level kit with King shocks and his King damper. It does sit dead nuts level and gives the illusion of drag. It's really odd. But I run bags too at 30psi. I have a service body and it's full of tools.
    14 3500 SRW CCLB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks TXRAM thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks guys and that's exactly what I was talking about. Although some kits do level the truck oerfect it gives an odd illusion of a little tail drag. I dont have airbags so I cant really compensate there. Maybe a heavy bumper will help. I'll definitely look into the thuren kit. Thanks

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TXRAM View Post
    Thanks guys and that's exactly what I was talking about. Although some kits do level the truck oerfect it gives an odd illusion of a little tail drag. I dont have airbags so I cant really compensate there. Maybe a heavy bumper will help. I'll definitely look into the thuren kit. Thanks
    You know? You nailed it there. I forgot you mentioned bumpers. That will definately play a roll in it.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

15. Likes TXRAM, goofnround liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yes sir for sure! Feel free to call or message us and well get you taken care of bud!

281-895-DUDE (3833)

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TXRAM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast