Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: knock or miss on take off

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: knock or miss on take off

Quote Originally Posted by lovemydiesels View Post
    Hi guys, totally new here. i have a 2015 5500. i bought it deleted, studded, tuned with RACEME Ultra, BBI stg 1.5 injectors. it is about to turn 80k miles, i have put 7k of those on it. i pull very heavy so i run on the 30hp tune. i installed a FASS titanium 165 in the last 1500 miles with a FASS sump and top draw kit at first. The pump made a lot of noise and the truck was running worse than before but with less smoke. i ran the tank low and switched to drawing fuel on the bottom directly at the sump. The truck runs much better and reduced the smoke more. My problem is now it seems to have a miss or knock intermittently only off idle. it doesn't do it any other time that i have noticed, only from a stop after idling, like at a stop sign or light. if i throttle slow and easy, it is normal and smokeless. if i have waited at idle and try to take off anything moderate to floored it falls flat on its face, makes a distinct knock, it sounds like a single miss fire but all power hesitates while blowing a solid black puff and then proceeds to accelerate as desired. Anyone have any similar scenarios? Haven't had the truck looked at, the Fass is the only mod i have performed besides a mechanical boost gauge. Not throwing codes or CEL, does it empty and loaded/towing
    I gotta ask. Where did the injectors come from? Were they flow tested and calibrated?

Some of these guys charge premium money for alleged rebuilds when all they are is ultra sound cleaned, at best.

Can you see the rail pressure in the raceme?

You may not have enough boost to support those injectors. My advice is to pull them and replace them with 50HP. @Dude's Diesel Performance can help you out.

BTW, we ask the members to look at our sponsoring vendors first. We need these guys

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I gotta ask. Where did the injectors come from? Were they flow tested and calibrated?

Some of these guys charge premium money for alleged rebuilds when all they are is ultra sound cleaned, at best.

Can you see the rail pressure in the raceme?

You may not have enough boost to support those injectors. My advice is to pull them and replace them with 50HP. @Dude's Diesel Performance can help you out.

BTW, we ask the members to look at our sponsoring vendors first. We need these guys

Thank you mr. steve very much appreciated sir!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Thank you mr. steve very much appreciated sir!
    Gotta embarrass you in public. You own me a phone call. Schmuck

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The injectors were brand new Big Bang Injection stage 1.5 purchased through source automotive in Portland Oregon. I have the original receipts for that stuff from the previous owner.

The RaceMe Ultra is basically an mm3 with different software as i understand it. It would be like a windows computer vs Apple. Big Bang Injection, MM3, and RaceMe are all Part of Smarty/Mads Electronics . It is the same monitor and displays the same things MM3 does, so yes on the rail pressure.

I tow almost daily with this truck. Plenty of hills in my area. Depending on my equipmenr, loaded I am between 25k and 32k pounds. On my 30hp tow tune at 32k from a stop I pulled hill about a mile long made 42lbs of boost and it took the whole pull to hit 1250 degrees. For the price of smaller injectors I think I would rather buy more air and or custom tuning to better use the injectors I already have.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemydiesels View Post
    The injectors were brand new Big Bang Injection stage 1.5 purchased through source automotive in Portland Oregon. I have the original receipts for that stuff from the previous owner.

The RaceMe Ultra is basically an mm3 with different software as i understand it. It would be like a windows computer vs Apple. Big Bang Injection, MM3, and RaceMe are all Part of Smarty/Mads Electronics . It is the same monitor and displays the same things MM3 does, so yes on the rail pressure.

I tow almost daily with this truck. Plenty of hills in my area. Depending on my equipmenr, loaded I am between 25k and 32k pounds. On my 30hp tow tune at 32k from a stop I pulled hill about a mile long made 42lbs of boost and it took the whole pull to hit 1250 degrees. For the price of smaller injectors I think I would rather buy more air and or custom tuning to better use the injectors I already have.

1250 ain’t bad for the 6.7s- what turbo are you currently running with 42psi? Heads tied been done? Pulling heavy like that if you were wanting to change things up compounds would be great IMO

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

It has the factory he300vg and ARP 625s, ive been dreaming of compounds, namely the Aurora 5000 plus kit. What im worried about is the trans. Still no as69rc tuning that I know of. Its bone stock except for amsoil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12