Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 G56 swap won’t start

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 G56 swap won’t start

Wonder if ecm program differs from push to start to key start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Wonder if ecm program differs from push to start to key start?

You wouldnt rhink so. But if that was the case he could just pop the push to start button off and put the key in yeah? Are they still like that? But if hes got power to the starter leverything is working as it should cuz otherwise he wouldnt be getting power down there. So either bad ground. Or the starter just so happened to take a sh@@. Hard to figure things out without being there LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

here ya go! looks like a lot of that sends a signal to RF hub, even clutch. I would check to make sure you have power coming out to starter from whatever sends it like a BCM. with the PTS but it be a programmable thing, Ill look into it. it hard to diagnose remotely.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    here ya go! looks like a lot of that sends a signal to RF hub, even clutch. I would check to make sure you have power coming out to starter from whatever sends it like a BCM. with the PTS but it be a programmable thing, Ill look into it. it hard to diagnose remotely.
    It amazes me that people do these swaps without reflashing the whole truck. I'm at a loss of ideas LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

So I have gone over everything again and again. I’m starting to think maybe just maybe I have a starter issue??? Even though I’ve never had any issue with it before?

9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John Crosby View Post
    So I have gone over everything again and again. I’m starting to think maybe just maybe I have a starter issue??? Even though I’ve never had any issue with it before?
    How many miles are in he truck. Can you jump it from the solenoid and get it to turn?

10. Top Of Page | #37

I got a custom program written for the trick that is a complete e flash. Just as if I was to take it to the dealer

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #38

I have emailed double r diesel that wrote the tune. Ray informed me that push button and key tricks take he same tune.

13. Likes KeepEmRollin14, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John Crosby View Post
    If it's got power and ground. And it's getting the signal when you try to start it then its definately a possibility.

15. Likes KeepEmRollin14 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    If I had to guess it would be because there is multiple modules that talk to the ecm and look for inputs from the auto trans. So in my mind you've got to get all of the modules set up the way a G56 truck would be and not just the pcm. Scanning the truck would uncover that.
    Agreed

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

17. Likes KeepEmRollin14, Dwelsh, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast