Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 68RFE problems already

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New 68RFE problems already

My dealer has been being good to me . I got there dropped off the truck....... Got a hemi charger for a loaner while I wait for an answer.
    Today I got a call. It's NOT THE TRANSMISSION!!!! Thank God.
    But there is a vibration and it is in the drive line, and it is NOT normal.

Check this out.... My truck is a long wheelbase (long bed) with auto leveling suspension.
    I installed a 2.5" leveling kit in the front and a 2" lit for the rear with adjustable end links for the bags, that gives me another 1" in the rear.
    When all is said and done the difference in height from front to back it 1/2 inch (looks great).
    But this is also when I started getting this vibration. So now I'm thinking that it changed the pinion angle just enough to tweak that driveshaft and bind that u joint. My understanding is long wheelbase trucks differ from short being that they Have a two piece rear driveshaft (an extra u joint). Really a 3" lift from what everyone has told me is no big deal. So I blew it off. But now I'm thinking they are wrong. 3" may be just enough to through it out of whack....
    Soooooo now I wait till tomorrow for another answer....those are my new thoughts.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Update........ Vibration is in driveshaft because of lift.
    I imagine short wheelbase trucks do not have this problem being at the rear they have a 1 piece driveshaft.
    If your like me and have a long bed or Meg's cab you have a two piece driveshaft. So with even a small lift it changes pinon angle degree.
    It can be shimmed by using carrier bearing drop down spacers or wedge style shims at the rear to move pinion up.
    Either way that's what fixes it. Tomorrow the tech will fix it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    After this is resolved it's off to delete!!!!!
    Can't wait

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrowley View Post
    Update........ Vibration is in driveshaft because of lift.
    I imagine short wheelbase trucks do not have this problem being at the rear they have a 1 piece driveshaft.
    If your like me and have a long bed or Meg's cab you have a two piece driveshaft. So with even a small lift it changes pinon angle degree.
    It can be shimmed by using carrier bearing drop down spacers or wedge style shims at the rear to move pinion up.
    Either way that's what fixes it. Tomorrow the tech will fix it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    After this is resolved it's off to delete!!!!!
    Can't wait
    Thanks for the info bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes Burd liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Still waiting on a definitive answer. Don't know why they can't figure it out. All they need to do is check pinion angle but they insist on asking me " well did the vibration start after the lift?" ...... Unbelievable... I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks all

8. Likes Burd liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I haven't been following it this close, but my bet it's the lift with the air suspension. Hence my opinion of lifts.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yep . if you have a mega cab or long bed with extended driveshaft a lift as small as 2" will require a carrier bearing drop or pinion angle reshimmed.
    Traxda is sending me drop for bearing N/C. Very good people. I'll let you know how it turns out
    Thanks

11. Likes Burd liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrowley View Post
    Yep . if you have a mega cab or long bed with extended driveshaft a lift as small as 2" will require a carrier bearing drop or pinion angle reshimmed.
    Traxda is sending me drop for bearing N/C. Very good people. I'll let you know how it turns out
    Thanks
    Appreciate the info bud thanks for keeping us informed

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Likes Burd liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Finally I have definitive proof. Traxda was great at helping me resolve the problem and sent the carrier bearing drop n/c. It took a little while but it's not something they normally sell (untill now)
    They said the issue has been coming up but it's only long wheelbase trucks. The majority are short wheelbase.
    But the kit is installed.
    No vibration
    No transmission issues.
    The dealer at Daytona Dodge is awesome. They gave me a loaner for my whole downtime.
    They have a separate Dept. That does aftermarket parts and warranties all of the installs without voiding your warranty.
    So even with only 2400 miles I had no fear in installing front and rear lift, carrier bearing drop, 37 x 12.50 tires, and 4:10 ring and pinion.

There is no fear. Dealer did all the work and stands by it. Price was also more than reasonable.

15. Likes Power247, John P liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Man, I'm so glad I read this, my 2016 crew cab LWB with only 6,000 miles is doing same thing after 3" front and 1" rear lift, you wouldn't happen to have that part number would you ?

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

There is no part number yet from Traxda as far as I know. They will be making them soon though. Now that there aware of it.
    There are many other people that make a carrier drop down kit that will work.
    Yours should be just like mine.
    The kit will NOT be the the 4" plate steel with 2 holes shim.
    You need longer bolts and spacer style. They look like fat washers.
    Basically it's the old style 09-12 kit that works for us w/2 piece driveshaft.
    Traxda tech support is1-888-660-5892.

The kit looks like this....http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...drrRoCapDw_wcB
    But I couldn't find anybody that with a listing for a 2016.
    Call Traxda first.
    If not it's really a simple fix.
    You need some longer grade 8 bolts and those spacers.
    5 min install......vibration gone.
    Gaurenteed
    Good luck.

18. Likes John P liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast