Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  56
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Trans Tuning 68RFE?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Trans Tuning 68RFE?

I have a 13 as well with tunes by Ray. Something changed in an update and the trans tuning kind of went away. I've already been down the road with Raceme blaming my truck for their firmware or programming issues for a previous issue. Ray says they are soon going to be trying to map out the trans parameters to get trans tuning dialed back in. I've considered jumping ship on my Raceme myself, but am trying to hang in there. This has led me to considering a revmax valve body and convertor.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Having a 09 I don't have trans options at all. I've been doing my best to be patient only because I want to be able to let Double R Diesel (Ray) keep doing my tuning. He's excellent and great to work with
    I've received some responses back from RaceME that weren't what you could call welcoming. I'll leave it at that

Hauling horses and farm equipment my mega cab does see loads. So like so many others the longer it takes the more frustrating it is and trying to figure out a way to possibly switch platforms so Double R can tune ECM and trans for me now

Ray has been helpful and I've stuck with it because of talking with him

3. Likes Noneck liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Decided to register for this forum to provide some feedback to RaceMe also. I have 2 trucks...a 15 and a 17 but the 15 only has the raceme. I had the old software with no issues for a year. I updated the software on Wednesday of last week and installed the software. The transmission shifts are now terrible compared to the old software and the truck will no longer maintain rail pressure. There were no issues with the old software and I would really like to go back to it so I don't have to start tuning my own trucks again. There is a definite issue in the updated software and Franz really needs to get involved in this before people start having trans. issues. Clint is sending me a co-pilot for the transmission which I really didn't need before the new software. Very disappointed in hearing it's "your truck" causing the issues and not the update. Franz has been extremely helpful in the past but I would really like to backdate my tuner since it was running so good before.

Rail pressure now will not get above 25600psi where before it would go to 26700-26890 when commanded to 27K. This IS a software issue and not a truck issue or any fuel filter issues. Worked perfect the day before the update and does not now.

This forum seems to be much more informative and useful than the others...just fyi.

5. Likes Crewcabcourtney liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Forgot to add...the battery voltage was not the issue so don't go down that road either. This is an issue with the updated files.

7. Thanks 9mgcb81 thanked for this post
    Likes Crewcabcourtney, 9mgcb81 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

I wonder if everyone's trans tuning went to crap or just some? I'm actually considering a revmax valve body and convertor. I just having a hard time coming to terms with spending 3 grand to remedy a problem cased by tuning. I could buy another tuner for $1200. My previous problem with tuning caused by Raceme was that an update caused my fuel pressure relief valve to keep popping. Of course Franz said my valve was bad and suggested I replace it even though the problem began with an update and was eventually solved by Ray with WARP. Had my Raceme for over a year and about half of that has been living with ongoing issues caused by it and waiting with my thumb up my butt for resolution. I'm pretty fed up.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

My buddies both have early 16's and they both did the exact same thing. Worked perfect before the update and now they have the same issue so it's more than just a few guys. Franz needs to be involved in this quickly and get the data to see what is going on. I can send a hex file for a CAN trace to him if needed.

I also have an SD card with the original files on it but not sure if the Tuner will backdate the firmware if installed.

10. Likes Noneck, SeveredCummins14 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

So I contacted RaceMe and spoke with Michael via e-mail...he gave me the battery voltage reply but was shocked when I told him I could control that with the capacitor set up I use for off board programming. I sent him the battery voltage at 14.2 just to prove a point. Sent some further data with the difference between the old firmware and tuner vs the new software. Never heard from anyone again...not to impressed with the support from them. It's a shame because I think it's a simple fix.

One other thing that Michael said was there were not changes in the transmission or engine files from my old files to the new which I found interesting since the early firmware did not have transmission pressure as an option. I think Michael needs to just answer the phone and refer the technical issues to someone else!

12. Thanks Crewcabcourtney thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    So I contacted RaceMe and spoke with Michael via e-mail...he gave me the battery voltage reply but was shocked when I told him I could control that with the capacitor set up I use for off board programming. I sent him the battery voltage at 14.2 just to prove a point. Sent some further data with the difference between the old firmware and tuner vs the new software. Never heard from anyone again...not to impressed with the support from them. It's a shame because I think it's a simple fix.

One other thing that Michael said was there were not changes in the transmission or engine files from my old files to the new which I found interesting since the early firmware did not have transmission pressure as an option. I think Michael needs to just answer the phone and refer the technical issues to someone else!
    @Double R Diesel any thoughts on this?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @Double R Diesel any thoughts on this?
    Honestly I don't know what those guys in Europe are working with. What they do for box tunes is different from what I do with Warp.

However Warp constantly evolves because with Warp software updates we always get the latest base files from Chrysler. Well when Chrysler changes things up with the base files we have to change things up on our end. The problem arises when Chrysler changes things deep inside the base file that we don't have defined in Warp. When this happens it causes issues that can't be fixed with what we have to work with.

Fortunately for the most part Warp still allows me to make a high quality tune file without major issues.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post

After my last communication with RaceME. Response was also from Michael
    I will only get help from Ray (Double R Diesel) with the WARP. If it's something more involved that Ray can't handle then I'll just try the guys in Canada

Essentially the response I got was asking me why I was bothering to contact them. I'll refrain from posting the message

It was a question about updates so it made sense

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast