Thanks Thanks:  223
Likes Likes:  990
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Trailers Behind Ya

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: RV Trailers Behind Ya

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Fontenot View Post
    What kind of temps are you getting while towing? I'm going pick up the twin brother (Road warrior 425) next weekend, just curious what kind of trans/coolant temps to hopefully expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

Here's my 2011 34' Attitude hooked up to my 2007 Dodge Ram dually short bed with a sidewinder king pin that's the only way I can jack knife itimage.jpg

4. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

I guess I'm into reviving dead threads because it seems every forum that grabs my attention seems to be slightly stagnant!

So my 2000 Jayco Quest 265B was a camper that turned out to be a huge project that we conquered, but not by choice! We started camping with a 98 Jayco Eagle 12SO. That was a huge pop up style trailer that was fantastic for me, my wife and two small children. It was an all around 9 out of 10! Some minor issues popped up along the way, but nothing that we couldn't handle. We enjoyed the east coast with that camper for three camping seasons but the last season was the worst. Every time we went out, it poured!! And I mean like the entire state under sever weather warning, red all over the radar, and watching our shoes and astro turf float away type of rain!! This got old fast and decided we needed walls in our next camper. We sold the pop up in perfect condition February of 2013.

Later that month we looked at a few fifth wheel campers on Craigslist that were in our price range and grabbed one. First time driving a trailer this size and it's zero visibility fog in the mountains! We get it home and the next day my wife says she doesn't like the linoleum floor in it and she wants to change it! I agreed and we stripped the interior and began pulling up the flooring. I got to a utility closet and my box knife went through the sub floor. Then my hand went through it!! WE GOT ROT!! I grabbed a ladder and went for the roof of the camper to find an open seam drawing all the roof water into the camper. To shorten the story, I basically had to take out the bathroom, pull the walls in the back of the camper, rebuild stud by stud, rebuild bathroom and closet area, and put down the new flooring. I was close to burning the camper out of spite, but I was determined not to fail at this. We're now going into our fifth year with it and she's doing great.

In a few years we'll look into buying another, but for now, she owes me!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Fully deleted 2012 Ram 2500 ST 4x4 Crew Cab Short bed. 3.73 gears 68RFE.
    Non Sibi Sed Patriae.

5. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #74

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod2012 View Post
    I guess I'm into reviving dead threads because it seems every forum that grabs my attention seems to be slightly stagnant!

So my 2000 Jayco Quest 265B was a camper that turned out to be a huge project that we conquered, but not by choice! We started camping with a 98 Jayco Eagle 12SO. That was a huge pop up style trailer that was fantastic for me, my wife and two small children. It was an all around 9 out of 10! Some minor issues popped up along the way, but nothing that we couldn't handle. We enjoyed the east coast with that camper for three camping seasons but the last season was the worst. Every time we went out, it poured!! And I mean like the entire state under sever weather warning, red all over the radar, and watching our shoes and astro turf float away type of rain!! This got old fast and decided we needed walls in our next camper. We sold the pop up in perfect condition February of 2013.

Later that month we looked at a few fifth wheel campers on Craigslist that were in our price range and grabbed one. First time driving a trailer this size and it's zero visibility fog in the mountains! We get it home and the next day my wife says she doesn't like the linoleum floor in it and she wants to change it! I agreed and we stripped the interior and began pulling up the flooring. I got to a utility closet and my box knife went through the sub floor. Then my hand went through it!! WE GOT ROT!! I grabbed a ladder and went for the roof of the camper to find an open seam drawing all the roof water into the camper. To shorten the story, I basically had to take out the bathroom, pull the walls in the back of the camper, rebuild stud by stud, rebuild bathroom and closet area, and put down the new flooring. I was close to burning the camper out of spite, but I was determined not to fail at this. We're now going into our fifth year with it and she's doing great.

In a few years we'll look into buying another, but for now, she owes me!!!

sounds like quite the project!! but by the looks of the pics she was worth it. nice job

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

Wow nice rigs and Setups . You guys are making me miss summer so bad LOL

Tequila Sunrise Pearl 2102 Ram 3500 Laramie . 4" Tuff Ez Ride Suspension Lift , 20" Moto Metal Razor wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 .
    United Pacific triple trumpet train horn .No Performance mods yet .

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Tequila Sunrise Pearl 2102 Ram 3500 Laramie . 4" Tuff Ez Ride Suspension Lift , 20" Moto Metal Razor wheels wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 .
    United Pacific triple trumpet train horn .No Performance mods yet .

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The DodgeFather View Post
    Wow nice rigs and Setups . You guys are making me miss summer so bad LOL

You aren't the only one!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

I am so excited to see how my truck tows my camper. Only towed it with my gasser before

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI |
    4" Straight pipes |MM3 tuned by Anarchy

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

15. Likes SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Champion View Post
    I am so excited to see how my truck tows my camper. Only towed it with my gasser before
    You will barely know it's there!

17. Likes Peter Champion liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #80

User Info Menu

heres my ol girl with our home!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com