Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Transmission Upgrades For Tunes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission Upgrades For Tunes

I do not know if this has been gone over in another thread but I just ordered my delete MM3 Tuner from Ray and other than head studs for the motor, what upgrades are suggested so that I could run the 150hp and 200hp tunes? Trans upgrades and anything else such as fuel etc.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission Upgrades For Tunes

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX161 View Post
    I do not know if this has been gone over in another thread but I just ordered my delete MM3 Tuner from Ray and other than head studs for the motor, what upgrades are suggested so that I could run the 150hp and 200hp tunes? Trans upgrades and anything else such as fuel etc.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Todd you will be ahead of the game with an Ultra low stall torque converter and performance valve body from @RevMax.

Thanks for your order by the way!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Todd you will be ahead of the game with an Ultra low stall torque converter and performance valve body from @RevMax.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    You got it! Is there a converter for the 68RFE?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX161 View Post
    You got it! Is there a converter for the 68RFE?
    Yes. The one I mentioned above is made by @RevMax.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    I assume a few people here have upgraded their own perfectly good 68RFE with these components (maybe plus a billet input shaft) without completely rebuilding or exchanging the whole transmission? Can anyone comment on the cost and wisdom of upgrading components only vs. a complete job? For example, a "new" Sig 550 RevMax is $5k + $1k for billet shaft + maybe $1k for swapping it out and programming. I would think you could cut your costs almost in half by just upgrading the weak links. Anyone with experience doing this? Many thanks...

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

8. Likes Pimpw3ld3r25_8 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    I assume a few people here have upgraded their own perfectly good 68RFE with these components (maybe plus a billet input shaft) without completely rebuilding or exchanging the whole transmission? Can anyone comment on the cost and wisdom of upgrading components only vs. a complete job? For example, a "new" Sig 550 RevMax is $5k + $1k for billet shaft + maybe $1k for swapping it out and programming. I would think you could cut your costs almost in half by just upgrading the weak links. Anyone with experience doing this? Many thanks...
    If you can buy the whole complete tranny including the billet parts which are awesome by the way you really can't beat that because if you bought just a rebuilt from Cummins it probably is almost close to the same price minus I would say $ 1000.00 to $ 1500.00 difference

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    If you can buy the whole complete tranny including the billet parts which are awesome by the way you really can't beat that because if you bought just a rebuilt from Cummins it probably is almost close to the same price minus I would say $ 1000.00 to $ 1500.00 difference
    Finally realized I should just look up the component costs on RevMax's website.... Torque converter ($1295) + valve body w/solenoid pack ($1000) + billet input shaft ($900) = $3195 + $200 shipping + installation (not by me), maybe $800??

Bottom line: completely assembled and tested "new" RevMax in the truck for $7k or existing tranny with upgraded weak links for ~$4.2k. Hmmm...Guess if I knew my tranny was in great shape (which mine is yet today), I could save almost 3 grand. Interesting. Something to chew on anyway.

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post