Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warp Tuning Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Warp Tuning Questions

I am new to the 4th gen engine tuning. Warp tuning specifically. I've done enough research that I know I don't want a box tune. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 cummins 4x4 that is bone stock. It is pushing 50,000 mile and I am planning on deleting it in February or March. I am going to use Double R Diesel MM3 to delete. I was looking at doing a couple predelete mods. Installing the ats atomizer power module and a boost fooler. My question is.
    Will the warp tuning up the rail pressure as engine load goes up like the ats atomizer? Will it change the boost parameters so I don't get a overboost condition and have the check engine light come on? If the warp tuning changes those parameters,I will save my money for other mods.

Thanks Ed

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Warp Tuning Questions

lots of tuners around, yes it does those as requested. download the software, have a look see at what it can do.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We wouldn't waste our money on them other mods. Just delete and enjoy.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4btyjjeep View Post
    I am new to the 4th gen engine tuning. Warp tuning specifically. I've done enough research that I know I don't want a box tune. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 cummins 4x4 that is bone stock. It is pushing 50,000 mile and I am planning on deleting it in February or March. I am going to use Double R Diesel MM3 to delete. I was looking at doing a couple predelete mods. Installing the ats atomizer power module and a boost fooler. My question is.
    Will the warp tuning up the rail pressure as engine load goes up like the ats atomizer? Will it change the boost parameters so I don't get a overboost condition and have the check engine light come on? If the warp tuning changes those parameters,I will save my money for other mods.

Thanks Ed
    Just go ahead and buy the MM3 from Ray at DRD he is a great guy and the best in the buisness of tuning these new 6.7 Cummins

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Just go ahead and buy the MM3 from Ray at DRD he is a great guy and the best in the buisness of tuning these new 6.7 Cummins

I am thinking hard about it. Need to do a little more research. I have a few questions on the transmission tune. DRD website only gives one psi rating for a stock transmission or one for a built one. I have read on this forum and others that they can run the line pressure as high as 225 on a stock transmission. With warp tuning does the line pressure stay the same for a 30hp vs a 120hp tune. Or does the line pressure go up for higher horsepower?

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I am thinking hard about it. Need to do a little more research. I have a few questions on the transmission tune. DRD website only gives one psi rating for a stock transmission or one for a built one. I have read on this forum and others that they can run the line pressure as high as 225 on a stock transmission. With warp tuning does the line pressure stay the same for a 30hp vs a 120hp tune. Or does the line pressure go up for higher horsepower?
    You can set line pressure to any amount you want theoretically. The valve will only allow a maximum pressure before it bleeds off
    My 09 with stock 68RFE for example I have 250psi for the tuning but it's maxed at 180 or 190psi if I remember right

Running in tow/haul increases pressure even totally stock

Higher HP settings will give you a smoother feel for the shifting

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

How are you tuning a 09 trans? I've had a ultra on mine since they came out waiting on trans support. Have had Ray do some warp but stalled out for lack of raceme software support for us.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Randy2233 View Post
    How are you tuning a 09 trans? I've had a ultra on mine since they came out waiting on trans support. Have had Ray do some warp but stalled out for lack of raceme software support for us.
    I have an Ultra to. Had to get a TCM from HPP
    Been running it since this summer and happy with it

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I researched for 2 months just put all my deletes on and tuner MM3 from Ray and my truck is a whole different animal. Not only that is the customer service for any questions you may have Ray answers!
    If doing your deletes yourself buy a 15mm swivel socket it will save you some head aches on 3 bolts on the Egr cooler
    So glad I chose the MM3 and DRD

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Rob See, MRMAYHEM liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    I researched for 2 months just put all my deletes on and tuner MM3 from Ray and my truck is a whole different animal. Not only that is the customer service for any questions you may have Ray answers!
    If doing your deletes yourself buy a 15mm swivel socket it will save you some head aches on 3 bolts on the Egr cooler
    So glad I chose the MM3 and DRD
    4406PACK Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the socket. I'll make sure to get one before I do my delete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast