Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current codes p2579, p0107, and exhaust service needed see dealer now

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member Controlled_Pair253's Avatar

User Info Menu

Current codes p2579, p0107, and exhaust service needed see dealer now

Hello gentlemen and ladies.
    First post, haven't been able to find anything that is exactly what I'm running into. 2010 2500 G56, 147k, motor ops tuned at 115k,csp5, cts2 edge, deleted everything, 5" flo pro, pusher intake horn, Rudys diesel performance cai, CCV delete with reroute, brand spanking new batteries, and MAP. Recently I've been getting a exhaust service required see dealer now. I've read that this can be caused by a plethora of reasons. Also receiving the "red lightning bolt". MAP was replaced yesterday, CCV gutted yesterday. The truck would go into limp, I'd D/C batteries for 10 minutes reconnect. attempt to read the tune (received a $0281 from the autocal) went through shut down procedure, changed tune, started truck with no CELs or the exhaust message. This has been an issue for about 2 weeks now. Anyone have a clue as to what the hell is going on. Or a cause. Since it was tuned the p2579 has popped up consistently, which would clear with the edge, however whenever the CEL was cleared, the boost would not register on the edge UNTIL the CEL popped up again. If anyone can point me to a fix that works, I'll but you a year towards platinum member to igotacummins. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Current codes p2579, p0107, and exhaust service needed see dealer now

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled_Pair253 View Post
    Hello gentlemen and ladies.
    First post, haven't been able to find anything that is exactly what I'm running into. 2010 2500 G56, 147k, motor ops tuned at 115k,csp5, cts2 edge, deleted everything, 5" flo pro, pusher intake horn, Rudys diesel performance cai, CCV delete with reroute, brand spanking new batteries, and MAP. Recently I've been getting a exhaust service required see dealer now. I've read that this can be caused by a plethora of reasons. Also receiving the "red lightning bolt". MAP was replaced yesterday, CCV gutted yesterday. The truck would go into limp, I'd D/C batteries for 10 minutes reconnect. attempt to read the tune (received a $0281 from the autocal) went through shut down procedure, changed tune, started truck with no CELs or the exhaust message. This has been an issue for about 2 weeks now. Anyone have a clue as to what the hell is going on. Or a cause. Since it was tuned the p2579 has popped up consistently, which would clear with the edge, however whenever the CEL was cleared, the boost would not register on the edge UNTIL the CEL popped up again. If anyone can point me to a fix that works, I'll but you a year towards platinum member to igotacummins. Thanks.

So for the p2579 it's basically saying the turbocharger speed estimate is more than the calibrated estimate. And then the p0107 is saying the map sensor threshold is below a calibrated threshold for too long. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you should contact your tuner. Esp since it started after tuning the truck. I'm not sure what all they change when they tune trucks but ide say he didnt get something right. If I had to guess the map sensor code is coming from the 2579. Could be wrong. But I would do that before replacing any more parts.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    So for the p2579 it's basically saying the turbocharger speed estimate is more than the calibrated estimate. And then the p0107 is saying the map sensor threshold is below a calibrated threshold for too long. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you should contact your tuner. Esp since it started after tuning the truck. I'm not sure what all they change when they tune trucks but ide say he didnt get something right. If I had to guess the map sensor code is coming from the 2579. Could be wrong. But I would do that before replacing any more parts.
    The 2579 is supposedly typical after tuning. The truck has been tuned for quite a while now (about 1.5 years) , as this is only a recent issue. There is 5v going to the MAP with the truck off, so I know that it's getting the correct voltage. I am going to give motor ops a call here shortly. I know that these trucks rely heavily on a solid electrical system. Im wondering if it may be the alternator allowing for a low voltage scenario in the MAP. In retrospect however, how would this issue play into the exhaust system service message?

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The 2579 is supposedly typical after tuning. The truck has been tuned for quite a while now (about 1.5 years) , as this is only a recent issue. There is 5v going to the MAP with the truck off, so I know that it's getting the correct voltage. I am going to give motor ops a call here shortly. I know that these trucks rely heavily on a solid electrical system. Im wondering if it may be the alternator allowing for a low voltage scenario in the MAP. In retrospect however, how would this issue play into the exhaust system service message?

Not sure on the exhaust message. Doesn't make any sense to me that a tuned and deleted truck would be able to have that message even come up. Ide be asking them about that also. Probably all tuning related i would imagine. Let us know what they say when you call them. Its definately not abnormal for multiple codes like that to pop up and be triggered by one issue.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I know sometimes things dont make sense at all. Like last winter some dude was flying and hit black ice. And then hit the right rear corner of my truck. Same day had a p0420, excessive engine noise, and reduced power. So I'm thinking it was from the accident but in turn it was all a software update from the dealer. Just an example of how things happen but make no sense and aren't even logical LOL

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welp, motorops is closed today . I'll probably call them wednesday when I'm home. At any rate, I'll update this. It is super weird how one thing can lead to another and have nothing in common. I'll update when I call my tuner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I know sometimes things dont make sense at all. Like last winter some dude was flying and hit black ice. And then hit the right rear corner of my truck. Same day had a p0420, excessive engine noise, and reduced power. So I'm thinking it was from the accident but in turn it was all a software update from the dealer. Just an example of how things happen but make no sense and aren't even logical LOL

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome friend Sorry your having issues. Hopefully you can figure what the problem is or someone on here will figure it out. Keep us updated.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Welcome friend Sorry your having issues. Hopefully you can figure what the problem is or someone on here will figure it out. Keep us updated.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Thanks bub. Hopefully I can get it all figured out. It's getting a bit irritating not knowing if i'm going to have to do this stupid sequence to get my truck on the road every few days.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks bub. Hopefully I can get it all figured out. It's getting a bit irritating not knowing if i'm going to have to do this stupid sequence to get my truck on the road every few days.

Hey man. Your inbox is full for pm so it wont let me send you anymore messages

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Update* Called motorops 2 times, left message once, no returned calls today. Waiting. I replaced the MAP, and haven't had the symptoms come back YET. Does anyone know if the MAP voltage fluctuation could, in turn, affect the TIPM and create a false DTC and SES?

20. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast