Thanks Thanks:  78
Likes Likes:  229
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

1. Top Of Page | #131

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

So been in the truck most of the morning. Might be a TINY bit more sound from the turbo, but really nothing to write home about (wife says the truck is much louder outside).

But, and maybe this is the typical placebo effect, but the throttle response feels much snappier.

Still making 27psi at WOT rolling into it and so far no issues. I'll let you know if economy or anything changes!

2. Thanks Cummins7, Shurup thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Cummins7, Shurup liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #132

User Info Menu

Thanks for a nice write up.
    I would do the same if I weren't so fucken busy. I ordered my truck on Sep 6th and left to work. So it's been 2 months and AFAIK my truck isn't ready for pick up yet. But I'm not in a rush at all as it sounds like I won't be going home until around Feb next year. Wondering how long it's gonna take them to get one ready and ship it to Alberta, if nobody bothers them about the order status.

And FYI, if you're going to order a Laramie with all the bells and whistles, check how much it's gonna cost you to order Limited, as Limited already has most of the "extra" options included by default. I did compare and the Limited was a few grands cheaper with everything that I wanted in a truck.

4. Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #133

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shurup View Post
    Thanks for a nice write up.
    I would do the same if I weren't so fucken busy. I ordered my truck on Sep 6th and left to work. So it's been 2 months and AFAIK my truck isn't ready for pick up yet. But I'm not in a rush at all as it sounds like I won't be going home until around Feb next year. Wondering how long it's gonna take them to get one ready and ship it to Alberta, if nobody bothers them about the order status.

And FYI, if you're going to order a Laramie with all the bells and whistles, check how much it's gonna cost you to order Limited, as Limited already has most of the "extra" options included by default. I did compare and the Limited was a few grands cheaper with everything that I wanted in a truck.
    Thank you.

It took right at 2 months to the day for me to get my ordered truck, but I'm also in Arizona right next to the rail lines from Mexico.

I'd probably add a couple more weeks for delivery to the Great White North.

As far as the Laramie vs Limited side goes; the Limited I priced out was 7K more expensive than the comparably equipped Laramie.

Plus you can't order a Limited with the Black Appearance Package.

6. Top Of Page | #134

User Info Menu

I wanted Black Appearance and that is the only thing I'm missing. I did get body colored bumpers though. Wheels, mirror cups and front grille will come in chrome and I'm planning to either plasti-dip or wrap those parts. Not sure what to do about wheels though but I will be getting an aftermarket wheels with larger tires some time in the future and may keep the OEM wheels for winter rubber. Oh, and then there's chrome badges. Thinking removing them for a clean look. Anyone de-badged their trucks?

7. Top Of Page | #135

User Info Menu

By the way, LTD comes with a power deployable step, which you had to go with aftermarket step so here goes your $7K difference and I don't think you got everything that is in the Limited, like I said if you try to get all the Limited options in Laramie, it's gonna cost more, unless pricing scheme is somehow different between US and Canada.

8. Top Of Page | #136

User Info Menu

I wanted Black Appearance and that is the only thing I'm missing. I did get body colored bumpers though. Wheels, mirror cups and front grille will come in chrome and I'm planning to either plasti-dip or wrap those parts. Not sure what to do about wheels though but I will be getting an aftermarket wheels with larger tires some time in the future and may keep the OEM wheels for winter rubber. Oh, and then there's chrome badges. Thinking removing them for a clean look. Anyone de-badged their trucks?
    By the way, LTD comes with a power deployable step, which you had to go with aftermarket step so here goes your $7K difference and I don't think you got everything that is in the Limited, like I said if you try to get all the Limited options in Laramie, it's gonna cost more, unless pricing scheme is somehow different between US and Canada.
    Debadging these trucks is a PITA. I did my 4th gen, and they use incredibly strong 3M tape...I suggest an eraser wheel.

The Black Appearance Package is ~$3000 USD, the power step another $1000. But just getting the trim incurs pricing above that of a Laramie because of the headlights and several other features, like a sunroof (that I didn't want).
    My truck is optioned out for a Laramie; see below:
    https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowst...UR5FL3KG606582

My original build was a HO 3500 Limited, but at almost $90K USD it was more than I was willing to spend. So I dialed back to a 2500 Laramie with everything I wanted on it. Plus, as mentioned, the lack of the black appearance package on the Limited was a big factor. I have no regrets, this truck was ordered and built exactly how I wanted it and I couldn't be happier. I got everything I wanted without getting things I don't need.

As far as CAD to USD goes, your guys' pricing up there is significantly different, and I can't speak to the difference in trim pricing.

9. Thanks Shurup thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #137

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So been in the truck most of the morning. Might be a TINY bit more sound from the turbo, but really nothing to write home about (wife says the truck is much louder outside).

But, and maybe this is the typical placebo effect, but the throttle response feels much snappier.

Still making 27psi at WOT rolling into it and so far no issues. I'll let you know if economy or anything changes!
    Well I have nothing exciting to report about removing that baffle from the intake.

Truck drives exactly the same, sounds like there is a very minor increase in the turbo sound with the windows up and the stereo off.

All in, I would say it's not worth the effort to remove it, especially since there is no foam in the 19s.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Likes Booch035 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #138
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Well I have nothing exciting to report about removing that baffle from the intake.

Truck drives exactly the same, sounds like there is a very minor increase in the turbo sound with the windows up and the stereo off.

All in, I would say it's not worth the effort to remove it, especially since there is no foam in the 19s.
    What does the 2019 baffle look like? Is it the same as the previous year just minus the foam?

13. Top Of Page | #139

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrowingSouthFarms View Post
    What does the 2019 baffle look like? Is it the same as the previous year just minus the foam?
    See @RamIt video in this post.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Likes RamIt liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #140
    Permanent Vacation GrowingSouthFarms's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    See @RamIt video in this post.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, was just curious if Ram just did away with the foam but looks like they changed the design completely (but it's similar).

16. Likes AK Bob, RamIt liked this post
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast