Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mil codes p0606 and p2a00

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

mil codes p0606 and p2a00

Have an issue today, mil codes p0606 and p2a00 came up out of nowhere. I am running the Mini Maxx without the deletes yet. I have the trans tune, and only occasionally put it to the wild setting. Mostly on no power and not driven hard. From the info out there, sounds like the o2 sensor is probably covered in soot, and throwing a code. Not sure why the p0606 code is there, other than it follows the o2 code as a failure.
    Has anyone got ideas on this or similar prob?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: mil codes p0606 and p2a00

Assuming you're running emissions tuning since you're not deleted yet, I'm guessing it's just clogging things up like you said. The older emissions present tuning were not as clean as they can be made today with custom tuning.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Agreed with above said.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

By custom tuning, you're meaning with the deletes done? I have everything needed for the deletes, except time to get it done.

What about the p0606 code?

There's a lot of write-ups saying the ecm is failing and needs to go to dealer under warranty to be replaced. What's you guys take on that?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is your mini max running emissions present tuning, or delete tuning?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Emission present, with trans tune. I have been running it like that for about 2-3 months.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It could just be throwing that because of the other one. Ecm does a check at key on, and possibly your o2 sensor problem is throwing both codes because it don't like what it's seeing in the key on check. Always start simple before thinking the worst. Take care of the o2 sensor problem and go from there. I hate to say go ahead and delete it, and switch to delete tuning at this point. That is however what I would do, but don't think that's the best advise to give.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    It could just be throwing that because of the other one. Ecm does a check at key on, and possibly your o2 sensor problem is throwing both codes because it don't like what it's seeing in the key on check. Always start simple before thinking the worst. Take care of the o2 sensor problem and go from there. I hate to say go ahead and delete it, and switch to delete tuning at this point. That is however what I would do, but don't think that's the best advise to give.
    If you are able to delete I would delete hands down no questions asked

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'll pull the o2 sensor tomorrow and blow it off. I don't know of any chemicals to use on it and don't want to kill it if it's not completely dead yet. There's a good chance I'll be doing the deletes next weekend. It would just suck if it needed to go to the dealer (for something) after I did the deletes.
    On another note, do you do custom tunes?

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamond d View Post
    I'll pull the o2 sensor tomorrow and blow it off. I don't know of any chemicals to use on it and don't want to kill it if it's not completely dead yet. There's a good chance I'll be doing the deletes next weekend. It would just suck if it needed to go to the dealer (for something) after I did the deletes.
    On another note, do you do custom tunes?
    Ya that's why I don't wanna tell you to just delete it and see if that fixes everything. But at the same time why buy a new o2 sensor to see if that fixes everything first. So your call man. And no I do not custom tune. I think @Double R Diesel still does some MCC tuning for the mini max. He's a well known tuner here and vendor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast