Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Need advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need advice

So I had truck deleted and new exhaust and new tuner! Diesel tech said Its recommended I keep tuner at +30 or +60, and default the rest of the way. He said that changing rail or timing or VGT without new head bolts and transmission upgrades is to risky! Not sure what to do! Want to get most out of what I spent but don’t want to ruin my truck? Any advice would be great as just yesterday I was looking up the meaning of VGT, wot, timing, rail pressure LOL so pretty much a dumb *** to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Bobtipton, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsgood100 View Post
    So I had truck deleted and new exhaust and new tuner! Diesel tech said Its recommended I keep tuner at +30 or +60, and default the rest of the way. He said that changing rail or timing or VGT without new head bolts and transmission upgrades is to risky! Not sure what to do! Want to get most out of what I spent but don’t want to ruin my truck? Any advice would be great as just yesterday I was looking up the meaning of VGT, wot, timing, rail pressure LOL so pretty much a dumb *** to it

I just run mine on stock power and leave timing, rail pressure, VGT, and everything else on defaults. I tow a 15k fifth wheel and don’t wanna do a head gasket or tranny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So the potential for damages is real!

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So the potential for damages is real!

Yes, that’s my understanding. I’m always cautious, anyway. I suppose I could tow on the +30 hp setting and leave everything else at their default, but for me, why risk it? Truck pulls great, tranny temps and EGTs stay in check, fuel mileage is what it is when I’m towing, so I’m happy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You can run the tuner on whatever power level you want but the higher you go the more careful you have to drive. If you go to pass someone or want to play around just bump it down. For every day driving you can bump it up if youd like. The issue comes from the guys that forget to bump it down or don't want to bump it down and can't control their right foot.

As far as the rail, timing and VGT i would leave those alone for now.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks watersupply189, david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What tuner do you have ?
    Who tuned your truck ? Ray from DRD and MM3 best in the buisness
    Clayton from DDP good guy to deal and work with
    If you have Ray from DRD and MM3 tuner you can run whatever HP tune under 150 when 150 or more you must put in ARP 625 Head Studs or equivalent

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Everything is dependenant on how hard you push down on go pedal

14. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post