Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  105
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Ez Lynk Tuner Device Discussions

My perspective comes as a pure user of the platform, not as someone writing tunes, but I've had a positive experience with Ez Lynk so far.

The install was simple and with the step-by-step instructions within the Auto Agent app for loading tunes, anyone can do it. I'm using a dedicated tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0) mounted with ProClip's custom sunglass holder mount found here --> http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-...515-13105.cmsv

The tablet doesn't leave the truck and is used exclusively for Ez Lynk purposes. It's a great size and I'm pleased with how it looks in the truck as well.

2. Top Of Page | #32
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm waiting for my ez lynk to arrive should be tomorrow and I was just wondering if it leaves a footprint. 2015 6.7 Cummins

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Wow!!!! I'm with calibrated addiction on The lockpick idea is outstanding!
    I was looking into RAX jailbreak. A little more cha ching. But alot of different features and ease of installation. Damn sweed got it down pat.
    I've been looking at all the different options..... Ezlynk......efi......mm3.....
    And then of course the different gauge options in combination with.
    Im at the point I can say even though each one does something a little different than the other or one , or may have different capabilities than the other.... There all pretty much the same and accomplish the same thing.
    The consumer on the other hand has to be savy enough and patient enough (depending on choice LOL) to use them.
    I love the mm3 for having sound mode options w warp (very cool) l like what the ezlynk may be able to do with jailbreak even though I have tablet in hand it's not installed yet. And I haven't forgotten the edge system I love as well.
    But at the end of the day it's going to be the consumer who makes the call.
    Soooo there's a newcomer. There's still plenty to go around for everyone. And I'm sure this won't be the last one now that the ball is rolling.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

I contacted RaceMe to see if they would ever offer something like this on their tunes. Remember these guys are from Austria and probably know exactly what they are talking about. EZ Link might be totally secure but for how long? Here is the response I got.

"Customer asks why not updating our system to use Cellphone and a App onstead of the Monitor we are using what would help the non computer savy updating to latest software. (and us to save money)The reason is a grim security concern doing that.
    This would allow lunatic hackers from China or Mideast or somewhere to intrude into your truck and to get control over it from 1000 or 10 000 miles away. A hacker than could do anything what CAN bus allows, including to activate the Airbag or to apply brakes or anything and all what can be commanded over the bus. This is a very real scenario, each end every computer system or cell phone can be hacked and it is only a matter of time that this would come true if we would go that way. There would not be a easier solution to kill Americans driving on highway without any risk for punishment for this sick people. They even could watch the accident over the rear view camera of truck.

So RaceME will never offer such a solution."

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bamafire View Post
    I contacted RaceMe to see if they would ever offer something like this on their tunes. Remember these guys are from Austria and probably know exactly what they are talking about. EZ Link might be totally secure but for how long? Here is the response I got.

"Customer asks why not updating our system to use Cellphone and a App onstead of the Monitor we are using what would help the non computer savy updating to latest software. (and us to save money)The reason is a grim security concern doing that.
    This would allow lunatic hackers from China or Mideast or somewhere to intrude into your truck and to get control over it from 1000 or 10 000 miles away. A hacker than could do anything what CAN bus allows, including to activate the Airbag or to apply brakes or anything and all what can be commanded over the bus. This is a very real scenario, each end every computer system or cell phone can be hacked and it is only a matter of time that this would come true if we would go that way. There would not be a easier solution to kill Americans driving on highway without any risk for punishment for this sick people. They even could watch the accident over the rear view camera of truck.

So RaceME will never offer such a solution."
    I'm a little confused on this. I don't believe the actual plug on the truck is connected to the internet. From my understanding the ezlynk is a wifi setup. You wirelessly connect your phone to the wifi router that plugs into the obd2 port. If you shut your phones internet off the possibility of a hacker getting into it are slim to none unless they are close enough to your wifi router in your truck and hack in. So basically if you use a tablet and only connect it to the internet when sending/receiving logs or tunes from the handheld tuner to the actual tuner and when its in the vehicle there is no internet connection you are 100% safe unless they are within the vicinity of the truck and know how to get by your wifi pws. Maybe i'm wrong.

- 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l (Sold)
    - 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 75k miles (R.I.P gone but not forgotten)
    - 2014 Ram 2500 Tradesman 95k miles work truck about to be deleted for the first time
    https://www.instagram.com/mikemackyo/

8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

You logic sounds solid. EZ Link might be totally safe. Im not a hacker/programmer so wouldn't know, just passing on what they said. I was hoping to get the phone or tablet capability from RaceMe or would even be cool to have iPod touch just for the gauges.

9. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure you can buy a obd plug no matter what tuner your running or even if your not running a tuner and have the capability of using you phone or tablet for gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Just reviving this thread to see if anyone has the updates and has reviewed it; good or bad.

11. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

MM3 tuner from Ray at DRD is the best in the buisness hands down end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Anyone want to comment on their experience so far??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast