Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: 350hp/660tq on 2016 68RFE???

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

350hp/660tq on 2016 68RFE???

So, I've put a few hundred miles on my truck now. In doing some research about some things and doing two VIN decoder checks, it's showing that my truck is currently tuned at the manual transmission horsepower and torque level, but with the 68RFE transmission. Has anyone heard of this? Anything I should be worried about once I pull to trigger on a full package setup from Double R Diesel? Or will I just reap the benefits of receiving a better power increase over what they advertise based on the typical 68RFE power numbers?? Thanks.

Brandon G.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, bluestreak209 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 350hp/660tq on 2016 68RFE???

Nothing to worry about. Wierd! But should not matter.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Pull the trigger! 😄

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, 1SloEvo liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1SloEvo View Post
    So, I've put a few hundred miles on my truck now. In doing some research about some things and doing two VIN decoder checks, it's showing that my truck is currently tuned at the manual transmission horsepower and torque level, but with the 68RFE transmission. Has anyone heard of this? Anything I should be worried about once I pull to trigger on a full package setup from Double R Diesel? Or will I just reap the benefits of receiving a better power increase over what they advertise based on the typical 68RFE power numbers?? Thanks.
    Do it bud Ray from Double R Diesel is a tuning wizard can't go wrong he is awesome

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, Pdsewell thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, 1SloEvo liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would go to dealer first and reflash ECU. Just my opinion. I have a 16 as well. You may also want to make sure your recalls are done if you have any. Itsareal pain deleting then having to show up for something stupid.
    Reflash first!! Update ECU if you can!!

10. Likes 1SloEvo liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. I will stop at the dealer and check on the reflash and any recall issues. Then it should be time to pull the trigger!!

Brandon G.

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Rolling in Monday to let them check for any software updates/issues and recalls!

On a different note, I drove from Charleston to Orlando to go to Disney World with the family this past week. Ended up averaging just over 20mpg for the total round trip and cruising at about 73-74mph average! Not too shabby in my book!!

Brandon G.

13. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post