Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Error code: 12423

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Error code: 12423

Hey guys, I've been working with Ray, DoubleRDiesel, on my tuning. First, hats off to Ray for being there for me all day long, his customer service is absolutely outstanding. However, we have been having a problem with uploading my tunes. I have been continuously getting a message, "Write ECM request failed! Error: 12423".

For what its worth, in the meantime while Ray is working tirelessly to help me, I thought I would ask....have any of you ever experienced this before? I trust Ray completely, just wondering if other minds had seen and dealt with this before.

Any return info would be appreciated, maybe someone out there has worked this out before.

Thanks all

Scott

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew 4x4, Blacked Out. Custom tuned by Double R Diesel with 4"Flo-Pro, S&B Cold Air Intake

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Error code: 12423

Gotta get on this thread ... never heard of this code and need to learn.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Factory stereo?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir. Ray made some calls, as of now he is thinking its a voltage issue. I went and bought a new set of batteries, placed them in and had the same code. However, when placing my charger on, both came up at roughly 60%, one has been fully charged, the other is in the works. My thoughts, and hopes, are that the batteries came too low to be effective at uploading to the ECM, and with a full charge, all will work out.
    Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find a description of what this error code indicates. I'll keep you informed when I, or more than likely, Mr. Ray, gets this answer.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew 4x4, Blacked Out. Custom tuned by Double R Diesel with 4"Flo-Pro, S&B Cold Air Intake

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've never heard of it before. The batteries could definitely be possible the RaceME is extremely sensitive unlike others on the market
    Ray will get you taken care of for sure

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The only other thing I can think of is the ODP connecter. When you plug in, wiggle it a bit. In that light, you could have a bad cable too. It's just a guess

How did those batteries get so low in the first place?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@13trucker ... suggestion: when buying new batteries, always trickle charge them to full capacity prior to installation if possible before 1st crank. I do this religiously.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 13trucker View Post
    Hey guys, I've been working with Ray, DoubleRDiesel, on my tuning. First, hats off to Ray for being there for me all day long, his customer service is absolutely outstanding. However, we have been having a problem with uploading my tunes. I have been continuously getting a message, "Write ECM request failed! Error: 12423".

For what its worth, in the meantime while Ray is working tirelessly to help me, I thought I would ask....have any of you ever experienced this before? I trust Ray completely, just wondering if other minds had seen and dealt with this before.

Any return info would be appreciated, maybe someone out there has worked this out before.

Thanks all

Scott
    If anyone can figure it out Ray is the man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Haven't forgotten about you guys, the issue is not yet resolved, but suffice to say for now....I would not have chosen anyone other than Ray and DoubleRDiesel for my work. I'll be sure to inform you when this is done.

Jim, appreciate the advice on the batteries, that's a plan from now on. Polaraco, that's pretty much the direction we are headed, and I imagine someone working at the parts store may have done something honestly ignorant like stored them on the floor for awhile. Just don't know, but they are holding a charge for now.

more to come

Scott

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Hey fellas, sorry to have kept you for so long. My family and I took a pretty long trip that we had been planning for a very long time, and the truck was left on the back burner. Anyhow, I am not sure what that error ever meant, exactly, but if I understood right, it had to do with a communications issue with the trucks ECM. Either way, to sound like a broken record, Ray is the man. I contacted him, he worked through his connections, I had a whole new unit in hand, and the truck is tuned. Wow, I get it now. Exactly what I was looking for.

Two thumbs up, five stars, whatever. RAY at @Double R Diesel is someone I will highly recommend to anyone I know looking for tunes.
    Thanks again guys, sorry to have left you hanging for so long.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post