Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sway Bar Brackets and Mounting Plates

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sway Bar Brackets and Mounting Plates

Has anyone had either the mounting plate and or brackets break on either the right side or left side or both sides on the frame ?
    It has happened to me twice first on the right side which is the passenger side the mounting bracket factory welds broke had it welded by professional welder then all good couple months later the left side did the same damn thing had it welded by professional welder all good then the factory weld seam on right side started pulling away from frame had it welded back by professional welder and now it is breaking again this is **** !!
    Plates are thick and still break now I am once again now gonna have to my welder weld 1/2 plate steel on both the right and left side

2012 Cummins Ram 4x4 LWBCC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Sway Bar Brackets and Mounting Plates

Wasn't there recall that involved bad welds on the front axle housing?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I never seen anything bud @Noneck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It may have been for the control arm mounts but I'm pretty sure there was a recall involving weak welds somewhere on the front thy would be examined and rewelded if needed. Something about the factory robot welds did not penetrate enough and could fail.

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

May have been later years than 2012 or 13 because I never had mine checked and don't know if it affected my year and it's a 13. I have a stack of uncompleted recalls for my truck that I need to get to one of these days including airbags etc... I'll check my stack!

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    It may have been for the control arm mounts but I'm pretty sure there was a recall involving weak welds somewhere on the front thy would be examined and rewelded if needed. Something about the factory robot welds did not penetrate enough and could fail.

I don't know if you have ever looked at the brackets but I would say that they are at least 1/8 plate steel and they broke my welder used welding rod like you would use for steel sky scraper I think he put down three welding beads I think he said one bead should take 40,000 lbs and he did three beads and got complete penetration

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah I guess if they were professionally rewelded a recall wouldn't have solved the issue.

13. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

May have been later years than 2012 or 13 because I never had mine checked and don't know if it affected my year and it's a 13. I have a stack of uncompleted recalls for my truck that I need to get to one of these days including airbags etc... I'll check my stack!

Ok bud sounds good appreciate the help

15. Likes Noneck liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Refers to the weld recall...was 2013 and 14
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...tory/71997266/

17. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, Muskiebri liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Refers to the weld recall...was 2013 and 14
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...tory/71997266/

Yeah I remember this recall my truck was recalled for the steering wheel wiring harness
    Thanks Noneck

19. Thanks Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast