Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Different sounds

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Different sounds

I installed the raceme on my 13 with egr delete and flopro 5 inch turbo back straight pipe and I was curious as to why my truck doesn't sound like most the trucks on YouTube granite I know most of them have different tuner/tunes. The sound is that high whistle people mention to it as turbine jet sound or loud turbo sound. It's not that I want that sound i just curious as to how different the sounds are to mine. I seen double R has his videos on YouTube and I believe it's his tunes (warp tunes)but he could change his sound to regular sound like mine sounds more of a rumble then 12 valve sound and that loud turbo sound. Most time on the videos people put their exhaust brake on and get that jet sound my truck doesn't change any sound with exhaust brake on/off or high idle so I was just wondering if something's wrong with my truck or hooked up wrong or if that's just the way it is with the race me tunes. Thanks guys.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BigRed2015 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, BigRed2015 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Different sounds

Did you ask Ray from @Double R Diesel?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes dodgedieselskog liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I did the deletes 2 days ago on my 15, it has that turbo whistle non stop as well. I just assumed that's how it was supposed to sound. If it's not I'm I'm in the same boat as the original thread poster.

6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm old and sometimes try to understand what I want, like sound ? performance ? economy ?

Are you trying for a certain sound from your truck while driving ? You can have two identical truck in every way, with the same accessories and programming, and end up with a different sound. You might be able to program it where it will be close to another or what you want, but it will always be different. Something as simple as the silencer ring being removed can get somewhat the sound your indicating. Is it in there or removed ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Did you download the latest software that is on the RaceME website? If you did that, I think you're fine.

Mine has that same sound as well with box tunes. After Warp tuning that jet engine sound has changed to a deeper tone. Unless I turn on the whistle tune. Which really makes it sound like a jet engine.