Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Mini maxx tune

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Mini maxx tune

Hey yall, im new to the 6.7 world. I just fully deleted my 09 3500 and installed H&S mini maxx with Overdrive Trans software. Otherwise I am stock for now. I ran the performance tune last night just to see. The power difference is phenomenal, but is it safe on stock injectors, studs, and turbo? I know to watch my egt and boost, but should I run a lower tune until I upgrade, or just keep my foot out of it in performance for the most part?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mini maxx tune

Studs are not required as long as you use some restraint. The biggest thing is to let the engine warm up before getting into it too much and watch your boost and EGTs. I have been running Ray @Double R Diesel 's performance tune for over a year now on an otherwise stock '12. So far so good. I only back down the tuning when I am pulling our camper.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Likes dodgecountry684 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Mini maxx tune

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Studs are not required as long as you use some restraint. The biggest thing is to let the engine warm up before getting into it too much and watch your boost and EGTs. I have been running Ray @Double R Diesel 's performance tune for over a year now on an otherwise stock '12. So far so good. I only back down the tuning when I am pulling our camper.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
    Appreciate the response. That's what I had figured, but wanted to double check.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Likes Power247 liked this post