Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions After Deleting Truck

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Questions After Deleting Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins441 View Post
    Downloaded the newest update from the RaceMe website, put it on the SD card, and then updated the RaceMe and reflashed the truck.

Overall it seems there is a little less whistle, however some whistle is still present. Truck does seem to run better though.

I looked at the information on the RaceMe and it now says I'm on 0001.01.03.

Thinking of doing the EGR and Cooler delete next. The connectors are unplugged for now but I have the kit so I figured I might as well use it. Anyone decide to block everything off rather than just unplug?

Thanks!
    I may have been mistaken on how old of update you were running then, but always nice to have the latest. You might want to try plugging the egr stuff back in to see how you like that also. The box tuning has been known to be better with egr connections plugged in, and just letting the tuner disable it, as it will.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I unplugged 4 connectors total. Should I plug back in the throttle valve as well? Lastly, is a reflash needed or does the ECM have the ability to adjust dynamically to figure out that the connectors are back in?

I appreciate your help.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Ya see how it likes it all plugged back in. I would probably reflash although not sure if it's necessary or not. The main connection people have said their trucks like to see plugged in is the servo motor on top of the cooler. Also do not unplug the exhaust pressure sensor. (Which I don't think you did). As for the egr valve itself and the throttle valve, its up to you. Maybe try leaving those 2 unplugged at first and see what you think. For some reason it varies truck to truck. All of mine have been unplugged for nearly a year with really not much of any issue other than a cold high idle issue with box tunes late last year. I now run warp with no idle issues.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

That sounds good. I got in contact with @Double R Diesel yesterday for a tune so once I get that squared away I think the truck will be fine. Might just leave them unplugged and see what Ray says when he sends the custom tune since I'll no longer have these quirks that the box tuning sometimes gives.

Thanks again for all your help.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

For anyone who has experienced the same things I did with the box tuning, I have found the fix. A custom tune from Double R Diesel will solve your problems. No whistle at idle, no more turbo surging when in reverse or at low speeds, and the exhaust brake feels more crisp and comes on sooner and holds later. The truck is an all around smoother, much better performing vehicle. In fact, I would go as far as saying it is a whole different vehicle. Much more refined and 'dialed in'. Anyone that is running box tuning should get a custom tune and be done.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I got the 30HP tune with a 12V RT file.

Hope this helps someone out there...

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, ligon55 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

For anyone who has experienced the same things I did with the box tuning, I have found the fix. A custom tune from Double R Diesel will solve your problems. No whistle at idle, no more turbo surging when in reverse or at low speeds, and the exhaust brake feels more crisp and comes on sooner and holds later. The truck is an all around smoother, much better performing vehicle. In fact, I would go as far as saying it is a whole different vehicle. Much more refined and 'dialed in'. Anyone that is running box tuning should get a custom tune and be done.

That's good to hear. I am still waiting on Ray to get to me on Warp. I'm excited that it works much better for you.

12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Yeah he's been busy lately it seems, but he will get to you! Quick turnaround time as well (like 45 minutes). You will not regret it at all. You'll be very happy with the results.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do as far as power level goes.

Was there a particular reason you decided on the 30hp level? I've been running the 120 box tune and I'm not sure I'm going to be happy dropping below that. But, if there's a good reason to drop down I will.

15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I wanted to be on the safe side of things and get a tune that wouldn't require constant nursing to preserve the transmission. While a lot of people run the higher HP and are fine, I didn't want to run into any issues later down the road, especially if I had to tow. I think you'd be fine though. Just don't hammer on it repeatedly. Do you have a G56 or 68RFE?

16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Questions After Deleting Truck

Makes sense to me.

I've got a 68RFE and have already resolved myself to the fact I am going to need a Revmax. Already have most of that set back. I do tow a lot. Around 11k worth of trailer weight. Hopefully Ray can get some sort of towing tune at reduced power.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast