Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: ARP Head Studs

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ARP Head Studs

I got a 2015 2500. It is fully deleted with a Kory Willis 120hp Tune. Other than worrying about my trans which studs to go with? I'm wanting max 700 hp. Help a green horn out b

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: ARP Head Studs

I'd say the upper end of the ARP head studs. I'm unsure of the parts number right now, but our vendors here will have it and might quote you a price. 700 hp is a good number, but you could bump a bit more in the future and this will be a help.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Chris_24V liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks. I'll check into it

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Check out @Double R Diesel since you're a premium member.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Check out @Double R Diesel since you're a premium member.
    That's who set me up with mine, he'll take good care of you.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

With good tuning you'll get away with the ARP 425's at that power level but if you want to be safer and not worry about it at all spend the money and get the 625's. As mentioned above, talk to Ray at @Double R Diesel and he'll get you set up with whatever you need.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My opinion coming from a guy that does not have studs, and never has studded any of my truck, is go with the 625. Just from what I've read the 425 will be good as some have said, but the biggest reason I'd not go with 425 is I've read you should do another torque on them after a couple heat cycles, as with the 625 that's not necessarily needed. Who wants to tear it all back apart to torque again LOL? Not me. So if I ever do think I need studs I'd go 625.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, wlofton thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Chris_24V liked this post