Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2007 6.7

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2007 6.7

Question,
    Been doing some tuning on my 6.7, I have been working on the injection timing. The more that I change the timing, response is great, but when you let out on the throttle it starts to buck. Is there anything I can do to smooth this out?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Back your timing back down just a bit and raise rail pressure.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ok, percentage how much should I raise it?

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What gen? Is your Fprv shimmed plugged or not touched? Start at Wot command and smooth out the map from there. If Fprv isn't touched don't command over 27ksi

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Shimmed, ok sound good, I will give it a try.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

3rd Gen will handle around 28-29ksi command. 4th gen I don't think so high. @Double R Diesel knows those figures better than me

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

3rd Gen 6.7's...

Don't go over 26500 psi commanded if the rail plug is untouched.
    Don't command over 28500 psi period. The factory rail pressure sensor won't read over 29000 psi and will cause the engine to surge up and down if you do as the rail pressure can't be properly regulated.

4th Gen MCC Tuning

Crank it as high as you want but the rail pressure will not go over 27500 psi. The fuel rail relief valve has no issues untouched at 27500 psi. Now fooler boxes such as an ATS atomizer can crank it up further so beware. Not sure really where the fuel rail relief will pop on a 4th Gen.

Bosch does have their injectors and rail components tested for over 30000psi from what I've been told.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, Rockwerx liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thank you for all the good information, this will really help. Ok noticed that I was all over the map with the fuel pressure, backed it down, and made it more uniform. I did notice that the pressure was a little high in some places so maybe this will help!! Again thank you for the help!!

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And that's why I call the expert LOL. I know just enough to be dangerous. Add being tired from my 12 hr shift in the mix.... the biggest thing to remember that will make or break your tune is the smoothing out. That's a big part of what makes the canned tunes so... blah for lack of a better term right now.