Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust sound

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Exhaust sound

What is it that I can do to my 6.7 Cummins so that it's not so quiet? I have made changes to the exhaust, but is still to quiet for my liking.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What exhaust is on it now?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I had a Banks dual exhaust system installed. It deleted the muffler and is a 4" inlet with 5" tips.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So what sound are you looking exactly for?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'd like it to have that more distinctive diesel rumble to it; I guess that would be the sound I am looking for. Where I don't have to go and perform another exhaust change to what I have done already.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Italianrebel View Post
    I'd like it to have that more distinctive diesel rumble to it; I guess that would be the sound I am looking for. Where I don't have to go and perform another exhaust change to what I have done already.
    Is the truck deleted? If not, the DPF, NOx filter, and catalytic converter is killing any hopes of exhaust sound.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No, truck is not deleted. The only thing that is deleted that I stated earlier was the muffler itself. So, taking out those items will produce more of a sound through the exhaust? What is the NOx filter? Not sure as to what that is and where it is located in the exhaust system. Also, by deleting such items, doesn't that require a tuner?

8. Thanks TruBluCat thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Italianrebel View Post
    No, truck is not deleted. The only thing that is deleted that I stated earlier was the muffler itself. So, taking out those items will produce more of a sound through the exhaust? What is the NOx filter? Not sure as to what that is and where it is located in the exhaust system. Also, by deleting such items, doesn't that require a tuner?
    Yes deleting requires a tuner...well you can use Sims or sensor foolers but that leaves a smokey running truck. Otherwise the engine will not run correctly. Using a delete tuner is the best but more costly option. The DPF and NOx filter are the two big canisters in the exhaust further ahead of where the muffler was. The cat is the closest odd looking thing near the turbo in the downpipe.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I know of the location of the DPF, it was the NOx I was unsure of. I don't recall seeing that underneath my truck when the muffler was taken out. I was afraid that I would be told that; about having to get a tuner and the necessary deletes to achieve the sound I would like. I also had it in my mind that it would be a costly process...and the fundage isn't quite there for me to do all this.

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Someone else priced it out for an H&S mini max for around $1600 not long ago. Yes, a bit spendy, but worth it. There's also the race me, and torque tech out there for options

12. Likes Italianrebel liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast