Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manifold Absolute Pressure

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

H&S 4th Gen 6.7 tuning caps the rail pressure at 26100 psi at full tilt. From my experience with 4th gens, you're not going to get it over 27500 psi with even with MCC. 3rd Gen 6.7's are a whole different ball game.
    I've hit 27500 psi with my 2012 and never popped the relief valve. With the street duration, she'll make 24-25 KSI depending on strong your CP3 is. The performance duration will drop it down around 22 KSI at full tilt. The reason these durations won't allow the commanded 26100 psi is that they are simply too much for the stock CP3 to keep up with.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks brandonjansen thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

I hold 24k on my performance setting. the 4th gens don't seem to have as much issue with the PRV popping like the 3rd gens did. however id did notice shimming mine helped with the pressure at wot on higher duration tunes

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So it sounds like monitoring the fuel rail pressure, while a great diagnostic tool for me to use, is not really super important outside of major mods to my truck.....am I in the right track?

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
    So it sounds like monitoring the fuel rail pressure, while a great diagnostic tool for me to use, is not really super important outside of major mods to my truck.....am I in the right track?
    Yes you are. Later down the road it can be very important to monitor. For now, if it dropped too much, you would get a CEL with a low rail pressure code.

Keep a good fuel filter on your rig and ride on.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My cts does that to me in my 09 every once and awhile when I get on it. Worried me at first but after talking to some guys doesn't really seem like a big deal, I didn't turn it off I just ignore it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12