Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceMe Tuning Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceMe Tuning Question

I just installed and ran the software on my truck, said it was successful/ ready for use. My DEF gauge went to full but I did not see any other messages pop up on the trucks screen saying that EGR has been disabled etc.? Has me hesitant to start pulling parts. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help is much appreciated. I have a 2014 2500. Also, i've seen videos where peoples deleted DEF gauge says full and others that show empty?

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceMe Tuning Question

Quote Originally Posted by NateB2316 View Post
    I just installed and ran the software on my truck, said it was successful/ ready for use. My DEF gauge went to full but I did not see any other messages pop up on the trucks screen saying that EGR has been disabled etc.? Has me hesitant to start pulling parts. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help is much appreciated. I have a 2014 2500. Also, i've seen videos where peoples deleted DEF gauge says full and others that show empty?
    Who tuned it for ya friend?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I ran the software myself after updating the latest version from the RaceMe site. Everything was fine, said load was successful/ ready for use. DEF gauge went to full like other videos I have watched. Just did not see the messages popping up on the trucks screen while the software was loading saying things were being disabled like i have seen on videos during other user installs. So that got me alittle hesitant to start pulling parts but dont think I have a choice now

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I ran the software myself after updating the latest version from the RaceMe site. Everything was fine, said load was successful/ ready for use. DEF gauge went to full like other videos I have watched. Just did not see the messages popping up on the trucks screen while the software was loading saying things were being disabled like i have seen on videos during other user installs. So that got me alittle hesitant to start pulling parts but dont think I have a choice now
    It sounds like you are good to go. Start unplugging some of the sensors in the exhaust and EGR and drive the truck around the block. No code and you can start taking parts off

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks Greg, that would have been wise to do. I am way passed that point now. I'll let you know how it goes once I am done.

9. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Everything turned out ok. Deleted the EGR, throttle valve and DPF. Fired it up, no codes, sounds great. The only funny thing I have noticed is a lot of vibration in the cab when I am idling with the truck in drive. In neutral its smooth as it was before, but being in drive at a stop sign it vibrates a lot. Is this normal? Thanks again.

11. Thanks Power247, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Everything turned out ok. Deleted the EGR, throttle valve and DPF. Fired it up, no codes, sounds great. The only funny thing I have noticed is a lot of vibration in the cab when I am idling with the truck in drive. In neutral its smooth as it was before, but being in drive at a stop sign it vibrates a lot. Is this normal? Thanks again.
    Glad to hear everything went as it should. My only thought on the rougher idle thing is that the factory exhaust adds a lot of dampening. It's been so long since my truck was stock I honestly can't remember it used to feel like before.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks again Greg. Just something I noticed right away. Does not feel right at all and its totally smooth as before in neutral and park.....

15. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Also, for everyone wondering the same thing when you watch umteen videos of other guys/girls tuning their truck with RaceMe Ultra and see them getting messages on their truck screen as software is loading saying this or that is being disabled and then don't see the same thing when you do it. This is directly from Michael at RaceMe Official:

"Hello Sir,

You get no separate message, as soon as you program truck with the RaceMe software the whole DPF, EGR and DEF system has absolutely no function anymore.

The DEF gauge will read full with latest software release, thats what customers always wanted so we changed it.

Best regards,
    Michael

17. Thanks watersupply189, GravesDiesel thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Should be ready to go ... that’s pulling parts

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast