Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

3 codes

good afternoon.
    Yesterday my truck was running fine, this morning I got off work and went to start my truck. as per usual, I let the FASS cycle and then I started the truck. I let it sit long enough to go in and grab a 5 gallon bucket of ice to add to my cooler. When I went to move the truck ,it died. started again and let sit a second, as soon as I shift to drive it had rpm fluctuations and seemed like it was going to die. Idles perfectly until shifted to drive and try to move. I checked the water separator on my FASS as we recently had scare of a hurricane here and I got some bad fuel last time we had a hurricane. that wasn't it. it idles perfectly fine, as soon as I shift to drive it would act up. eased onto the road and it accelerated fine (I only live about 7 minutes down the road) but would not go into overdrive. got it home, unplugged batteries after getting and clearing codes with smarty touch, and left it for over an hour. batteries are both odyssey batteries less than 3 months old and both check good. transmission was fully rebuilt in the end of 2017 with a kit from PDD including valve body, flex plate, triple disc billet converter, etc. to hold up to the engine mods. the three codes I got are P0712, P0868, and P2769. p2769 has not come back after I deleted the codes with the smarty and drove it down to the end of my road and back (about a mile and a half dead end farm road), but it hesitates like crazy when starting out and acts like its going to die, after that it gets up and goes almost like normal just can't feel it lockup or go to overdrive. 48RE in a 2004 vin c 3500 srw laramie 4 door. mods on truck are 4" bds lift, 35x12.50r20 tires, smarty touch with custom tunes, industrial injection r2 125 hp injectors, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, Fass 165t, fuel filter delete, upgraded intercooler, arp studs, pusher mega air intake with cross-air, pusher mega intercooler piping, fleece performance cheetah VGT with a Borg Warner s475 atmospheric turbo on a pusher compound setup, deeper oil and transmission fluid pans, oil bypass, coolant bypass and flopro stainless straight pipe exhaust. Transmission was upgraded as mentioned (PDD 650 hp with triple disc billet converter) with no problems since (broke the input shaft before the upgrade by pulling my trailer through some mud, I know not smart). only work done in the last 9 months was replacing front wheel bearings and front and rear brakes along with oil change. transmission fluid level is correct with nice clear red fluid. Truck runs amazing 99% of the time, tuning is not very aggressive. any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 3 codes

Using a genisys evo scan tool. Can not communicate with trans by itself. I may have to go get the other scanner because I think I had the problem before with the genysis, or maybe it’s a ground?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It could potentially be a ground. it sounds like an electrical issue. Check all sensors and plugs on transmission as well. If you have a multimeter might want to see what each plug is supposed to be receiving. it should be constant stable power if im not mistaken. I am no where near a good electrician but i have had a few customers with similar issues and it was a sensor and or grounds.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thank you! that helps a lot! spent today checking some power and grounds. as well as making sure the battery cables were good and tight and batteries were 100% charged. I'm quite sure its an electrical issue being the genysis cannot communicate with the transmission. I will have my other scanner tomorrow which is a snap-on triton d8. hopefully it will connect and I can get some more information. fuses, power and ground all good. the genysis says it can't connect to the tcm but reads engine data fine (have had this problem with it before on my truck). but im thinking its a sensor or electrical because it was absolutely fine when I parked it there yesterday morning. but it got worse when I moved it this afternoon to try to get some live data and see what was going on.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post
    Thank you! that helps a lot! spent today checking some power and grounds. as well as making sure the battery cables were good and tight and batteries were 100% charged. I'm quite sure its an electrical issue being the genysis cannot communicate with the transmission. I will have my other scanner tomorrow which is a snap-on triton d8. hopefully it will connect and I can get some more information. fuses, power and ground all good. the genysis says it can't connect to the tcm but reads engine data fine (have had this problem with it before on my truck). but im thinking its a sensor or electrical because it was absolutely fine when I parked it there yesterday morning. but it got worse when I moved it this afternoon to try to get some live data and see what was going on.

Your very welcome and keep me updated my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'll certainly let you know, you guys have always been great to me, and I always do what I can to refer people people for their diesel needs!

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

anyone have any other ideas? im stuck for the moment. going to order the transducer and such so I can have them on hand in case that's the problem because there is no where to buy local and I need my truck back ASAP.

was kind of hoping @Polaraco would chime in and share some of his infinite wisdom with me LOL.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yes sir you are very welcome! You were our very first customer when we first started so you definitely have a special place in our hearts =D

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks KiloCummins04 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, KiloCummins04 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I’m working on it guys, quick update: we found a little fluid in the drive selector. I don’t think that’s supposed to be there. And also with the new scanner, it’s not communicating with the trans. I plugged into another truck (2006 5.9) and it communicates.. it’s telling me there is a power supply input problem for the ecm. Hoping that’s a big part of it so trying to track it down now. As soon as I finish changing grandpas oil.... driving a gas truck isn’t so fun but at least I have a vehicle ?? my 93 w350 is being used by my other grandpa or I’d have it. Lucky dog is off playing in islamorada

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

found a little more today. the ground wire responsible for energizing the turbo (number 7 on the connector going into the transmission) is a yellow wire with light blue tracer. its also number 25 on the 50-pin connector for the ecm. wire checks good, power and ground checks successful. the weird thing is, it goes through the connector on the firewall, I'll come back to that. when we did get continuity, the resistance was 35 megohms. its supposed to be 0.5 ohms. the weird part, if the connector on the firewall was plugged together, we had continuity from the ecm connector to the trans connector. if we unplugged the firewall, we didn't have continuity to either the engine or the transmission (checked both on both sides of connector because I couldn't believe it). to go back, I had a problem intermittently with my trans temp sensor giving weird values (it said 24 degrees while pulling my boat down the interstate once) but the problem was very rare. I figured it was an issue with the edge when I had it. but that was both before and after the trans rebuild with a new temp sensor installed. I cleaned the trans connector really well with electrical QD cleaner and so far no odd reading from the temp sensor. literally 5 minutes before it said 61 degrees, its 95 outside and the truck was idling. so we removed the number 7 wire out of the trans connector. that's the one that controls the lockup, and all is well (besides obviously it won't go into lockup) so im pretty sure I can rule my torque converter out. I believe PDD uses DPC converters so they have a very solid reputation, I didn't think that was it anyway, couldn't count it out but would've been shocked. so now, I have to figure out whether its a wiring issue or if I need to drop the pan and throw in the Ebay care package coming tomorrow. my question is, with the super high resistance reading could that be a sign of the electrical parts inside the trans? I was thinking that it would be impossible to get resistance that high on just a piece of wire but since we went for the negative side which completes the circuit to activate lockup, is the solenoid responsible for this resistance? thank you everyone! hopefully it will be fixed soon.

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast