Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  59
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Get That Billet Flexplate!!!

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Get That Billet Flexplate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ligon55 View Post
    UPDATE!!!!! Had my transmission rebuilt in December 2017. Now (July 2018) My Flex Plate is needing replaced AGAIN at 80,400 miles. Will be in shop next week for repairs, also again covered under warranty. Called Chrysler Assistance hotline and now have a case started. Not really sure how much that will help, but we will see. Was told that I can not put an aftermarket Billet Flex Plate on as it would void my warranty. And at this rate it will need to be replaced 2 more times before I get 100,000 miles on it. Then I can put the Billet Flex Plate in on my dime and hope it solves the problem.

UPDATE AGAIN!!!!! Got my truck back the other day. The dealership found that the 2 dowel pins between the engine and adapter plate were missing. So crossing my fingers that this is resolved.

2. Likes david3gen, Power247, Ed's2013Ram3500 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

UPDATE AGAIN!!!!! Got my truck back the other day. The dealership found that the 2 dowel pins between the engine and adapter plate were missing. So crossing my fingers that this is resolved.
    Good luck fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Wow! I hope this solves it this time. Smart move getting CC involved in this in case this continues after 100k.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks ligon55 thanked for this post
    Likes ligon55 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Not sure how much CC will want to help if this happens again. Well obviously they would and said that it would be warranty covered for 3 years, BUT this week I will be doing the deletes and adding the tuner (DRD). If it arises again I will just put in a billet flex plate on my dime.

7. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Wow! I hope this solves it this time. Smart move getting CC involved in this in case this continues after 100k.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

Not sure how much CC will want to help if this happens again. Well obviously they would and said that it would be warranty covered for 3 years, BUT this week I will be doing the deletes and adding the tuner (DRD). If it arises again I will just put in a billet flex plate on my dime. CC probably wouldn't want to warranty after that, but I would definitely call and find out if it happens again.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Not sure how much CC will want to help if this happens again. Well obviously they would and said that it would be warranty covered for 3 years, BUT this week I will be doing the deletes and adding the tuner (DRD). If it arises again I will just put in a billet flex plate on my dime. CC probably wouldn't want to warranty after that, but I would definitely call and find out if it happens again.
    Deleting could impact thier involvement... That will probably have more to do with the dealership than anything. Hopefully you don't have to find out.

You are going to love the way your truck drives once you get it deleted!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

So dose the TC, VB, FP upgrades completely eliminate the shift flare? And do these mods add additional stress back down through the trans train, cause you to lose the overdrive clutches faster? Just curious because I’m considering doing these mods when I delete.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    So dose the TC, VB, FP upgrades completely eliminate the shift flare? And do these mods add additional stress back down through the trans train, cause you to lose the overdrive clutches faster? Just curious because I’m considering doing these mods when I delete.
    Just the TC alone will eliminate it the flare. Yes there will be more stress on other components but good tuning can reduce this.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

12. Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 74Beeper View Post
    Ok,

I have a 2017 Laramie Longhorn 2500..... I deleted and tuned it (Double R) right out of the box. I also upgraded the converter and valve body with RevMax components.

After about 5000 miles my converter started acting goofy. Next thing I know, temps crept up to 205°F which isn't bad but I knew something was wrong in the converter. I parked it, pulled the bell housing cover and there was aluminum dust all over. I checked the converter bolt torque and they were good but you could feel the heads were rubbing on the back of the engine.

I called RevMax to see what the heck was up. After I told him what was happening they knew right away what the problem was. Apparently, when using their converter and valve body along with the increased transmission line pressure, the converter tends to flex the factory flexplate too much which causes the converter to walk back and forth on the input shaft which in turn, damages the internal converter seal. They said my seal had cut or popped out and was floating inside the converter or worse, inside the pump. RevMax is stepping up to make this right. I am sending them my converter and pump and they are going to go through them both for free.

RevMax then said they HIGHLY RECOMMEND installing their billet flexplate when using their converter and running a high trans line pressure. That extra pressure tends to push the converter forward and back excessively and the stock plate just flexes too much.

I'm a little upset they didn't explain this when I originally purchased the converter and VB but at least they're trying to make it right.

So, to make a long story short..... If you're gonna upgrade your converter and VB and gonna run maximum line pressure.... INSTALL A BILLET FLEXPLATE!!!! Especially if you're towing heavy loads..... Like I do. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...847fd39446.jpg

Love the Yellow Road Runner sitting in the driveway. My first car was a 73 Plymouth Satellite I got when I was 15 back in the summer of 87. I always wished it was a RR. What exactly is this car ?

14. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BmxRyde View Post
    Love the Yellow Road Runner sitting in the driveway. My first car was a 73 Plymouth Satellite I got when I was 15 back in the summer of 87. I always wished it was an RR. What exactly is this car?
    Thanks,

74 Roadrunner. My first car, bought in 1990 when I was 14.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345