Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Turbo oil return line help!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo oil return line help!!!

So these last couple weeks have been rough, i installed my BW S366 Turbo , and have had a problem with this oil return line. i have pulled the turbo twice to get to the bolts to make sure its tight and it was , but the push connection into the oilpan kept coming out so today i replaced the line, new gasket and all. now instead of oil spraying everywhere, its just dripping out of the push connector.

so what im asking is how do i get it to seal, i put about everything i had into getting it to seal, and i know i cant feel either of the O Rings so its in there, i just dont know if its not in there far enough. im super frustrated, dont know what else to do. Thanks

'13 3500 4X4, S&B intake, 5" FloPro TBE, Raceme Ultra DRD tuned, BMP S366 Turbo Kit, Banks 3.5" intake elbow, Grid Heater Delete, CCV Filter Delete, EGR and DEF Delete (obviously),MagHytec deep Transmission pan, WeBoost (Wilson) 4GX-OTR cell phone booster, DeeZee 111 Gallon auxiliary tank with toolbox tethered to main tank, Ram Adjustable laptop mount, iBoard 4" running boards and some other stuff not as cool

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo oil return line help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chriswrex View Post
    So these last couple weeks have been rough, i installed my BW S366 Turbo , and have had a problem with this oil return line. i have pulled the turbo twice to get to the bolts to make sure its tight and it was , but the push connection into the oilpan kept coming out so today i replaced the line, new gasket and all. now instead of oil spraying everywhere, its just dripping out of the push connector.

so what im asking is how do i get it to seal, i put about everything i had into getting it to seal, and i know i cant feel either of the O Rings so its in there, i just dont know if its not in there far enough. im super frustrated, dont know what else to do. Thanks
    I've never had to deal with this, good luck friend.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Thanks chriswrex thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chriswrex View Post

Definitely a lot of people that have some issues with this. Most of the time it's either an o-ring or the thing not being seated all the way. Can you get a mirror down in there to see if there is any good size gap? May need to be pushed in there a little better. If you happen to have it out again try and clean up the holes as best as possible before it back in. Those things like a perfectly clean hole or as best as you can get it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks chriswrex, david3gen, Polaraco thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Definitely a lot of people that have some issues with this. Most of the time it's either an o-ring or the thing not being seated all the way. Can you get a mirror down in there to see if there is any good size gap? May need to be pushed in there a little better. If you happen to have it out again try and clean up the holes as best as possible before it back in. Those things like a perfectly clean hole or as best as you can get it.
    Good call! Sometimes you can seal it with some RTV. As I recall, it's slip in fit. Did you happen to put a bit of oil on the tube befroe you installed it? Sounds like you didn't get the tube all the way in

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post