Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  64
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VGT Problems!!! rebuild or replace

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: VGT Problems!!! rebuild or replace

Quote Originally Posted by chriswrex View Post
    cleaned the sensor and the tube , and the best i could at the exhaust manifold hole as well. none of those engine codes said it was an exhaust pressure sensor, that has its own code i thought. now im unsure on whether or not to replace the turbo or see what other troubleshooting options are available
    I’d check any plug that has to do with turbo. Electronic cleaner and dielectric grease. Could be the cause of the low voltage code if a plug got moisture in it. After all this checkin’ you may still have a bad turbo. I’ve had bad connections time problems too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks chriswrex thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

connections all appear to be good. ill contact majestic about the rebuild, did they offer a warranty?

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

cleaned the sensor and the tube , and the best i could at the exhaust manifold hole as well. none of those engine codes said it was an exhaust pressure sensor, that has its own code i thought. now im unsure on whether or not to replace the turbo or see what other troubleshooting options are available
    The exhaust pressure sensor does zero. Mind actually blew out the manifold, tube and all about 15000 miles ago. I stuck a bolt in it until I could get a tube and once I found out it was 300$ I decided to leave the bolt in. Truck runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Anyone have any experience with this kit?

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/store/...-Kit-p50058664
    I would pm Ray at DRD and ask him about kit also talk to Clayton at DDP and see what he has to say good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

We have a company that does our turbo rebuilds and there is no one to make the 13 plus actuators yet but they are in the process of doing so.

The actuators are crazy expensive and you cannot get them any cheaper sadly. Most shops will tell you that rebuilding the stock turbo with actuator is a waste of time and money. The only bad thing is that you will loose your exhaust brake. If you can live without it, then definitely go with another turbo.

We are friends with majestic and when you talk to Mr. John he will let ya know about the actuators and what not. Rebuilds usually start at 500 for your basic parts of the turbo and does not include actuator or any other parts/machining that needs to be done.

2nd gen swap or a turbo that requires tuning is the way to go!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes Sisupower, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I would pm Ray at DRD and ask him about kit also talk to Clayton at DDP and see what he has to say good luck

Thank ya sir!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

So the exhaust brake started working, but its sticking, desired may be 100% but it may only make it to 27 or 60 or 80, havnt seen a full 100%, and it takes a while to get there. Any suggestions from anyone? Please....

edit: on the way home exhaust brake became stuck again, exhaust temps climbed up to 1200 and oil temp up to 205, couldnt get above thirty without the temps going above 1200, had to drive a mile home, but its parked and wont be started until the turbo is replaced...

just waiting on DDP to get back to me with pricing on a S366 kit

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

So the exhaust brake started working, but its sticking, desired may be 100% but it may only make it to 27 or 60 or 80, havnt seen a full 100%, and it takes a while to get there. Any suggestions from anyone? Please....

edit: on the way home exhaust brake became stuck again, exhaust temps climbed up to 1200 and oil temp up to 205, couldnt get above thirty without the temps going above 1200, had to drive a mile home, but its parked and wont be started until the turbo is replaced...

just waiting on DDP to get back to me with pricing on a S366 kit
    Clayton from DDP will get you taken care of bud

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Clayton from DDP will get you taken care of bud

we are talkin, gonna place the order tonight im hoping

20. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast