Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New member

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another New member

Hello All,

I have 2018 Ram 4X4 SWR with 2k. No mod's and that's a problem. Contacted DRD for emission deletes and add performance parts with MM3 tuning, but they are too busy. Therefore, I'm reaching out to you guys for help. I live in High Point, NC. There is a local shop SMR Performance Diesel and use the tuning platform EFI live tuning. Has anyone done business with them? And if so how was your experience?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Another New member

to the forum @dr.HOG

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @dr.HOG
    Enjoy our forum !
    Others will chime in and send you in the right direction

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome @dr.HOG From N.C. also
    You said Ray at DRD was too busy to help you with your MM3 tuning? That doesn’t sound like Ray at all. He is number 1 when it comes to customer service.

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you mean too busy to do the installation for you? First of all, is EFI tuning available for a 2018 yet? Secondly, does Bullydog or Edge unlock the 2018 ECM yet? If installation is the issue, it's easy to do yourself, or I imagine there's plenty of shops around to help you out. I can't imagine that Ray would turn down the chance to tune a 2018.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No I stated his shop was too busy to do physical work, which is what I'm wanting. To quote JJ today from DRD his email "At this time due to our work schedule we don't work on other peoples trucks at this time." I believe DRD is #1 with customer service with tunes via email. Hope my additional info sheds new light on my comments.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dr.HOG View Post
    Hello All,

I have 2018 Ram 4X4 SWR with 2k. No mod's and that's a problem. Contacted DRD for emission deletes and add performance parts with MM3 tuning, but they are too busy. Therefore, I'm reaching out to you guys for help. I live in High Point, NC. There is a local shop SMR Performance Diesel and use the tuning platform EFI live tuning. Has anyone done business with them? And if so how was your experience?
    Sir, we're not too busy, we just don't do installs on customer trucks at this time.

The MM3 is very easy to install and all you need is a delete pipe or exhaust to run our tuning.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Another New member

No I stated his shop was too busy to do physical work, which is what I'm wanting. To quote JJ today from DRD his email "At this time due to our work schedule we don't work on other peoples trucks at this time." I believe DRD is #1 with customer service with tunes via email. Hope my additional info sheds new light on my comments.
    Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up friend. I too had contacted Ray awhile back to do a full delete on mine and he said at this time they don’t physically work on other people’s trucks which I understand perfectly because of the liability and all.

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

11. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hello All,

Welcome!! I am in High Point as well. Moved here from the Raleigh area 3 years ago. I met a couple guys from SMR a while back. Seemed like good guys but they mainly work on Duramax trucks.

Any reason you don't want to tackle this yourself? Like Ray said, all you really need is a delete pipe to replace the SCR canisters and the tuner. You can remove more hard parts but you don't have to. The tuner takes care of disabling the rest. I'd be happy to give you a hand once the snow melts.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Sir, we're not too busy, we just don't do installs on customer trucks at this time.

The MM3 is very easy to install and all you need is a delete pipe or exhaust to run our tuning.
    As always Ray from DRD is on point and always willing to help

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast