Thanks Thanks:  78
Likes Likes:  229
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 2500 Laramie Build

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 2500 Laramie Build *literally being built*

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I'll hate to agree, but it ain't happening by the 25th.

Don't feel bad, our 19 has been built and locked up in storage for two weeks in Mexico. Apparently they found an issue during inspection and its waiting for corrections.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Yeah that's pretty much what I figured when he said that. And that sucks! Do you know what the issue was??

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much what I figured when he said that. And that sucks! Do you know what the issue was??
    No don't know. All my dealer can do is just give me a build status and it shows JS. Based upon research, JS (storage) means either there was a problem found inspection or the dealer requested a delivery hold.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    No don't know. All my dealer can do is just give me a build status and it shows JS. Based upon research, JS (storage) means either there was a problem found inspection or the dealer requested a delivery hold.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Interesting. Well hopefully it's just a transit hold and nothing more! Maybe we will all get our trucks at some point LOL

4. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, I wish good luck for the both of you. As I wrote another thread, as of this morning, my truck is at the rail yard in Little Rock awaiting transit to Nashville. I feel pretty lucky in that with any luck I should have my truck mid-next week. I ordered it on 5/27, so it will be a little over 4 weeks. I am guessing that because I wanted the Delmonico Red and they had a batch going through that they slid my truck into the batch. My understanding is that for colors other than white Ram will only paint them in batches of at least 10. It might be the problem with the black color you ordered, Ramit.

And then again, when I told my wife that the truck was in Little Rock she may have jinxed it by saying that i should worry about the tornadoes that are in the weather forecast.

6. Likes RamIt liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSprings View Post
    Well, I wish good luck for the both of you. As I wrote another thread, as of this morning, my truck is at the rail yard in Little Rock awaiting transit to Nashville. I feel pretty lucky in that with any luck I should have my truck mid-next week. I ordered it on 5/27, so it will be a little over 4 weeks. I am guessing that because I wanted the Delmonico Red and they had a batch going through that they slid my truck into the batch. My understanding is that for colors other than white Ram will only paint them in batches of at least 10. It might be the problem with the black color you ordered, Ramit.

And then again, when I told my wife that the truck was in Little Rock she may have jinxed it by saying that i should worry about the tornadoes that are in the weather forecast.
    Damn a 4 week turn around would be fantastic. I've not heard about the batch painting but that wouldn't surprise me. Granted Google satellite imagery of the Saltillo plant shows a huge number of black vehicles on the ramp, so who knows.

Just wish there was better progress tracking.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Top Of Page | #36
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would guess that black was the most difficult for them to clean out of the paint system. White not so much of a problem.

9. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I think it has more to do with the fact that Ram sells a significantly larger number of white trucks than any other color so they won't delay production on them over that.

Also, with the exception of white (according to the body shop team that painted our Charger & Challenger after vandalism), almost all of FCA's colors use a black base.

10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

So the 6/22 ramp eta was retracted today and due to the lack of any production/delivery ETAs + a questionable VIN + the back & forth status updates from FCA (I was told again today that the truck never left D status, which was then retracted and was told it was in D1); Ram has opened a case on the order. The rep I spoke with stated that he believes it's possible the truck may have not passed a QC measure and was resequenced. Which would explain why the VIN doesn't show up.

11. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    So the 6/22 ramp eta was retracted today and due to the lack of any production/delivery ETAs + a questionable VIN + the back & forth status updates from FCA (I was told again today that the truck never left D status, which was then retracted and was told it was in D1); Ram has opened a case on the order. The rep I spoke with stated that he believes it's possible the truck may have not passed a QC measure and was resequenced. Which would explain why the VIN doesn't show up.
    Booooooooooooo

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Booooooooooooo