Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: My MM3 Experience

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

My MM3 Experience

Just wanted to take a moment and share my experience with my new MM3 loaded with the full package from DRD purchased from Dude’s.

I have a 2016 3500 DRW 4x4 crew cab with a 68RFE, after much research I decided to fully delete it mainly for more towing power but also I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and felt it would aid in the longevity, plus I abosolutley hate DEF and the concept behind it.

Installing the tuner was cake, tunes loaded up right away and it took maybe 45 minutes from start to finish. Next it was on to the exhaust removal, I wouldn’t call it cake but it wasn’t bad considering my truck only has 40,xxx miles and I live in the south, didn’t have rusty bolts to contend with. Bolting my new FloPro 4” w/muffler system went smoothly even though I didn’t drop the transmission support as was recommended. Removal and install took me about 4 hours by myself and I probably could have shaved an hour off if it weren’t 150 degrees that day.

Finally it was time to crank her up and try her out. Started right up, no check engine lights or hiccups, exhaust tone was deeper and not too loud. Backing out of the barn I could already feel how much more responsive it felt. Driving it was like driving a different truck, endless tourque even on “0” setting and sounded great. I toggled through 1-4 power settings and tried every sound tune, all worked as advertised. After driving 10-15 miles and loving my “new” truck it was time to try level 5. Turned off the traction control, rolled on the throttle as much as I could without causing a downshift in 4th gear, she spooled up and spun tires at 50 mph. Stoopid fun!

Bottom line: I’m very happy with my purchase, Clayton from Dude’s was great to deal with, love my tunes from Ray and really enjoy driving my truck. I’m positive pulling my 25’ gooseneck with 25,000 lbs this coming spring, which is a daily occurrence, will be much more tolerable now.

If I must have any complaints, they are very minor. 1)more smoke than I would like, I’m 43 years old—maybe that’s it. 2) I wish every gear shifted like 1-2-3, don’t love the shift flare that’s still there with the other 3 gears. I still have a GDP air horn to install and an EGR delete to finish, who knows, maybe those will cut the smoke down a touch.

I highly recommend Dude’s and Ray’s tunes!

Mongoose

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: My MM3 Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Just wanted to take a moment and share my experience with my new MM3 loaded with the full package from DRD purchased from Dude’s.

I have a 2016 3500 DRW 4x4 crew cab with a 68RFE, after much research I decided to fully delete it mainly for more towing power but also I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and felt it would aid in the longevity, plus I abosolutley hate DEF and the concept behind it.

Installing the tuner was cake, tunes loaded up right away and it took maybe 45 minutes from start to finish. Next it was on to the exhaust removal, I wouldn’t call it cake but it wasn’t bad considering my truck only has 40,xxx miles and I live in the south, didn’t have rusty bolts to contend with. Bolting my new FloPro 4” w/muffler system went smoothly even though I didn’t drop the transmission support as was recommended. Removal and install took me about 4 hours by myself and I probably could have shaved an hour off if it weren’t 150 degrees that day.

Finally it was time to crank her up and try her out. Started right up, no check engine lights or hiccups, exhaust tone was deeper and not too loud. Backing out of the barn I could already feel how much more responsive it felt. Driving it was like driving a different truck, endless tourque even on “0” setting and sounded great. I toggled through 1-4 power settings and tried every sound tune, all worked as advertised. After driving 10-15 miles and loving my “new” truck it was time to try level 5. Turned off the traction control, rolled on the throttle as much as I could without causing a downshift in 4th gear, she spooled up and spun tires at 50 mph. Stoopid fun!

Bottom line: I’m very happy with my purchase, Clayton from Dude’s was great to deal with, love my tunes from Ray and really enjoy driving my truck. I’m positive pulling my 25’ gooseneck with 25,000 lbs this coming spring, which is a daily occurrence, will be much more tolerable now.

If I must have any complaints, they are very minor. 1)more smoke than I would like, I’m 43 years old—maybe that’s it. 2) I wish every gear shifted like 1-2-3, don’t love the shift flare that’s still there with the other 3 gears. I still have a GDP air horn to install and an EGR delete to finish, who knows, maybe those will cut the smoke down a touch.

Mongoose
    That’s awesome man! I agree with you it does smoke a little more than I care but if I go easy on it, it’s not that bad!
    Thanks for the great write up and enjoy your “new”truck!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS, Mongoose liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with DRD and DDP, enjoy your new pickup.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Enjoy your new ride. Ray and Clayton are great guys to deal with. Great products and excellent customer service before, during and after the sale. My dozor on my 35’ gooseneck trailer weighs in just over 25000 lbs and it hauls it with ease. Enjoy your new found power!

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Mongoose

Thank you for the awesome review my friend! It was my pleasure to help ya out. Im glad everything is working out for you and your happy with everything.

Fantastic write up as well. Will help lots of newer guys that want to know more for sure.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Mongoose
    That's awesome. Is there a benefit to order the MM3 with DRD tunes through Dudes rather than directly from DRD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pieromj30 View Post
    That's awesome. Is there a benefit to order the MM3 with DRD tunes through Dudes rather than directly from DRD?

Same great tunes and service, but you're supporting a great guy, a fellow member and furthering his business.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Same great tunes and service, but you're supporting a great guy, a fellow member and furthering his business.
    I'm all for that. I just know ray from DRD is a member here as well. I wasn't sure how it worked. So @dudesdieselperformance hit me up with a private DM I have a couple questions for you!

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pieromj30 View Post
    I'm all for that. I just know ray from DRD is a member here as well. I wasn't sure how it worked. So @dudesdieselperformance hit me up with a private DM I have a couple questions for you! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2b42c7cac0.jpg

Great choice going with @Dude's Diesel Performance he is an authorized distributor for DRD.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thank you guys so much for the awesome support! Very much appreciated! This is why i love you guys so much!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post