Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transmission feels like it’s slipping

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission feels like it’s slipping

I have had some major issues somewhere in 5th-6th gear over the weekend. The truck would not lock into gear going up a decent incline at 60-70. It threw 2 codes and I deleted them and it did it 2 more times after that.
    P0729: gear 6 incorrect ratio
    P1507: crankcase filter restriction

my transmission started acting funny after putting my tunes on the truck. I’m running rays tunes with the mm3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! The truck is a 2016 with 68RFE

Last edited by Cpriggel; 03-10-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Didn’t put enough info

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission feels like it’s slipping

Quote Originally Posted by Cpriggel View Post
    I have had some major issues somewhere in 5th-6th gear over the weekend. The truck would not lock into gear going up a decent incline at 60-70. It threw 2 codes and I deleted them and it did it 2 more times after that.

my transmission started acting funny after putting my tunes on the truck. I’m running rays tunes with the mm3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! The truck is a 2016 with 68RFE

Sorry to hear this- how many miles on the truck?

i would set truck back to stock- and reload the tunes. Make sure voltage it good.

has CCV filter been done recently?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have put it on the stock tune and it didn’t help. No it has not been changed. The truck has 34k miles. As far as stock emissions and exhaust haven’t tried that yet.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The tuning most likely has nothing to do with it. What you say "acting funny", was just the trans relearning. As for the incorrect ratio code, that's not good. Gonna eventually need some major work done. Take it as easy as you can. I limped a 5th gear incorrect ratio code for a couple years. Start looking at built transmissions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    The tuning most likely has nothing to do with it. What you say "acting funny", was just the trans relearning. As for the incorrect ratio code, that's not good. Gonna eventually need some major work done. Take it as easy as you can. I limped a 5th gear incorrect ratio code for a couple years. Start looking at built transmissions.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve had 4 68RFE’s with trans tuning and never had one feel the way this one has once it was tuned. This one has the lowest miles on it and has been treated the easiest too.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sadly ram will never make a dependable transmission... 68s are luck of the draw, I replaced one in my 09 at 12k miles

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice. I’ve had 4 68RFE’s with trans tuning and never had one feel the way this one has once it was tuned. This one has the lowest miles on it and has been treated the easiest too.
    Funny, it was my 3rd. All treated pretty equally. The first 2 were 373 gear with factory size tires and no problems at all. My third was 342 gear, and 35 inch tires. That's not a good combo for the overdrive clutches and any bit of added power. I'd just lock 6th out in your situation and run her as long she'll go.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    Sadly ram will never make a dependable transmission... 68s are luck of the draw, I replaced one in my 09 at 12k miles
    This is very true also in my opinion

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    yes I think that’s the problem. Probably just going to have to go to a different brand with a better transmission.