Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air bags on Daily

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Air bags on Daily

Quote Originally Posted by trikemaster View Post
    Just installing Kelderman front and back bags on a 2500 and yes they replace the springshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a6f12ef456.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forum. Awesome choice! Hope the install is trouble free.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
    I have a 2018 Ram 2500 which I believe is still leaf springs. Would air bags even on a daily at like 10lbs help the leaf springs last longer? Or completely useless? I'm picking up a trailer in a few months, but don't have one now. I still won't be hauling more than say 10klbs. Just curious if the airbags would still help the truck w/o pulling/towing or useless?
    I have helper bags along side my leaf springs. i run them at 10psi all the time unloaded and don't even notice them being there. Run them at 45psi when hooked to the camper and they make all the difference in the world.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

Ordered a set today. Will report back when installed and head north for a large 5th wheel

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Going with kelderman is definitely a great way to get better feeling suspension.

Regular bags that go on top of your springs or axle will not help with ride quality.

Let me know if interested in any kelderman stuff. We are a dealer and give first time customer discounts!
    PM’d you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

Bags are in but the last trailer was only a 33 travel so I didn't use them.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Interested in Replacing the Coil suspension in the rear to have my 2014 level. Do you have any experience or pictures to show a stock ride height with the coils replaced with bags in the rear? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Going with kelderman is definitely a great way to get better feeling suspension.

Regular bags that go on top of your springs or axle will not help with ride quality.

Let me know if interested in any kelderman stuff. We are a dealer and give first time customer discounts!

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KBUSHEE View Post
    Interested in Replacing the Coil suspension in the rear to have my 2014 level. Do you have any experience or pictures to show a stock ride height with the coils replaced with bags in the rear? Thank you!
    Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KBUSHEE View Post

Let me take a look and see what i have and ill shoot you a pm my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

Well this is my 3rd 40+ foot 5th wheel I've hauled with the air bags and I will say it was a good investment!!! Much more stable. Rear *** sag is improved. Big bumps i.e. on off bridges on the hey are pure butter now!

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Air bags on a daily driver without a load are a waste. I hate the squat, but the ride is better with a load. Replacing the coils with bags is an awesome option, one that I considered. When I looked at lift kits, the Kelderman kit was at the top of my list but at $10,000 was out of my price range. Maybe one day I will replace my 8" BDS kit with a 10" Kelderman.
    All 2500 from 2013 up have coils in the back. And you don't replace the coils with bags you put them inside the coils . Gotta have springs. 3500s and 4500 have leaf springs

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast