Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bypass oils filters

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Bypass oils filters

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    03k ?????

I know some with over 100k and still were in perimeters per lab test. Just dedication to changing filters (quality filters only) when mileage is due, and start with using quality oil only, plus the same oil for filter refill ..... all that's needed.
    I said 30k or more

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Maybe if you had used a bypass you might have only had 1 Cummins last 1 million miles.
    I installed my Amsoil Bypass filter about 6 months ago. Since then I've driven nearly 12.5k miles. I use Amsoil Premium 15W40 and have my oil tested by Blackstone. I change my full flow filter at 7.5k. I've already save nearly $100 since I haven't had to change my oil, only a full flow filter and a qt of oil.
    I paid $300 for the kit as an Amsoil Preferred Customer. Built a bracket for it and don't plan to look back.
    My goal is to hit 1 million miles on 1 Cummins engine.
    The way I see it, if I can extend my oil changes out to about 30k or more with the Bypass system, it will have paid for itself in that time since 1 oil change costs about $100 each time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hope your not thinking I had problems with the trucks bud the only problems I had were financial issues and a wrecked one and one that ran into a ditch and caught on fire the one that caught on fire had 310,000 and if I fix my truck it most likely would end up going a million miles possibly

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I hope your not thinking I had problems with the trucks bud the only problems I had were financial issues and a wrecked one and one that ran into a ditch and caught on fire the one that caught on fire had 310,000 and if I fix my truck it most likely would end up going a million miles possibly
    No bud, just just messing with you.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I said 30k or more

And I typed in the numbers backward. I ment 30k.
    Getting old and not having your reading glasses on can get you in trouble I guess.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    And I typed in the numbers backward. I ment 30k.
    Getting old and not having your reading glasses on can get you in trouble I guess.
    No worries @AnOldBiker
    I used 30k to show the bypass kit would pay for itself in that amount of time. 30k would be 4 oil changes at $100 each.
    If I can go longer based on lab results its a bonus.

6. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

CanDiesel-
    Just curious about the 8,000K oil change interval stated in the owners manual. I've got a '14 and my manual says to change oil and filters at 15,000 miles (24,000K) or 6 months or 500 engine hours. Which ever comes first.

Wonder why the big difference?

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

No bud, just just messing with you.

Oh ok bud all good

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12