Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Pitman Arm nut

1. Top Of Page | #1

Pitman Arm nut

I’m looking to install a synergy steering box brace. I have all the tools for that but I’m looking for the size of socket or wrench thatll fit the stock pitman arm nut. I have a 2011 2500.

Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Pitman Arm nut

Quote Originally Posted by clove92 View Post
    I’m looking to install a synergy steering box brace. I have all the tools for that but I’m looking for the size of socket or wrench thatll fit the stock pitman arm nut. I have a 2011 2500.

Thanks!

Geeze it's been awhile but isn't it a 33 in metric or 32?? I did this not too long ago but can't remember haha I ended up having to cut mine off.....

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks!

Just helped someone with this. his truck was a 2016 and it took a 46mm socket for removal of the stock sector shaft bolt, 1 13/16 socket would work too. this would be for new 4th gens or if the truck was updated with a new steering box . your truck being its older may use 1.75

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yup 1 13/16 it is for 4th gen , I just did mine yesterday took a drip pitman arm off for exchange of an OEM one.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks!
    I have the socket and adjustable puller in my box. If youve got a cheap puller be prepared for it to break LOL. I believe its 1 and 11/16 or 13/16. But i do know it was about 60 bucks LOL i think its the same size as the axle nuts on a 3rd gen

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I have the socket and adjustable puller in my box. If youve got a cheap puller be prepared for it to break LOL. I believe its 1 and 11/16 or 13/16. But i do know it was about 60 bucks LOL i think its the same size as the axle nuts on a 3rd gen
    I was able to use a 12 pt 1 13/16 socket! Thankfully is didn’t give me any problems.