Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Crap!!!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Crap!!!!!!

Well yall on my way home from church today headed up 176 in the rain, I see a very large puddle coming up(small lake) and had just enough time to grab the steering wheel with both hands before hitting it at about 45 mph. Deep enough to all but stop me dead. So I'm thinking dang that was a doozie. Then I begin to notice a deeper than normal grunt coming from the engine bay on my deleted truck. Just enough to say something isn't right. So after about 10 mins. The skies part and I stop in the now blazing heat to check out the truck. And as I'm about to give up I peer at the clamp connecting the exhaust elbow to the down pipe from the turbo, low and behold the bolt similar to a t bolt on other models is gone. And the exhaust has separated creating a leak. So my question is has anyone else had a freak failure like this?, and where to get the correct clamp replacement or bolt replacement at a good price in a hurry. The local auto parts stores while good around here have no t bolt style clamps at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Crap!!!!!!

Go to a big truck semi dealer they would most likely have 1.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Badger2078 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Man that sucks that happened to you!! Check out the nearest truck stop shop. They may have something there. I hope you can get it fixed soon.
    Just watch out for them (small lakes) jumping out in front of ya!! LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Thanks Badger2078 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Badger2078, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Truck stop, or equipment, like a john deere, or case dealer. I am spoiled I have a cummins facility 20 minutes from work, and cummins techs on speed dial.
    Believe it or not, try a tractor supply too.

in a real pinch, weld a nut inside the loop and use a long bolt or threaded rod. Short term.

Thanks to @Polaraco, I got one last time I needed it, and now keep a spare on the shelf.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks Badger2078, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badger2078 View Post
    Well yall on my way home from church today headed up 176 in the rain, I see a very large puddle coming up(small lake) and had just enough time to grab the steering wheel with both hands before hitting it at about 45 mph. Deep enough to all but stop me dead. So I'm thinking dang that was a doozie. Then I begin to notice a deeper than normal grunt coming from the engine bay on my deleted truck. Just enough to say something isn't right. So after about 10 mins. The skies part and I stop in the now blazing heat to check out the truck. And as I'm about to give up I peer at the clamp connecting the exhaust elbow to the down pipe from the turbo, low and behold the bolt similar to a t bolt on other models is gone. And the exhaust has separated creating a leak. So my question is has anyone else had a freak failure like this?, and where to get the correct clamp replacement or bolt replacement at a good price in a hurry. The local auto parts stores while good around here have no t bolt style clamps at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bf641fef3c.jpg
    @Geno's Garage Has them. I just bought some for my exhaust brake install.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks Badger2078, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post