Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift Kit Suggestions?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lift Kit Suggestions?

Looking to go with a 6" BDS lift with the radius arm drop brackets or a 7" Fabtech lift with a completely new radius arm included. Galloways 4wd Center told me that leaving the factory radius arm in place will allow the truck to ride slightly better due to it coming with a thick rubber bushings to absorb on road bumps. I have a 2016 2500 and I have 35's on order now with new wheels and may go to a 37" tall tire later on so that's why I'm sticking with a 6 or 7 in lift. I'm gonna have them do a complete gear swap while it's there also. Gonna have them install 4.10 gears since the nitro 4.30 gears can't seem to be found any longer. Don't want a 4.56 gear just in case I stick with 35" tires for the long run. But mainly want the best on road ride I can get out of a 6-7" lift and keep it under $3000. Anybody running these size lifts have any personal opinions on these?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Lift Kit Suggestions?

You don't need a 6" lift to run a 37" tire. You can run a leveling kit. We install leveling kits and 37" tires quite often.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ok but I like the look of a lifted truck, that's the only problem...LOL

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    You don't need a 6" lift to run a 37" tire. You can run a leveling kit. We install leveling kits and 37" tires quite often.
    Appreciate your info and insight thanks good job

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    Ok but I like the look of a lifted truck, that's the only problem...LOL
    Sorry, this statement makes it sound like you think you need a tall lift to run a 37:

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    I have a 2016 2500 and I have 35's on order now with new wheels and may go to a 37" tall tire later on so that's why I'm sticking with a 6 or 7 in lift.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

FWIW I have a BDS 6” 4-link and love it. I’m running 37s and actually think the ride is as good or better than stock. Truck only has 800 miles on it (100 with the lift) but very happy so far with the BDS kit.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    FWIW I have a BDS 6” 4-link and love it. I’m running 37s and actually think the ride is as good or better than stock. Truck only has 800 miles on it (100 with the lift) but very happy so far with the BDS kit.

What type of shocks are you running on it?

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@SMASHER

Fox 2.0

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    I was thinking since those shocks were built with more off roading in mind that they would be a really stiff ride on the highway.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i have a fabtech 7in lift kit for sale new in boxes. 4 link kit with dirt logic shocks.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast