Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Steering stabilizer suggestions

1. Top Of Page | #1

Steering stabilizer suggestions

I’ve been looking into upgrading the steering stabilizer. I’m between the Carli low mount and the thuren/king. Does anyone have any thoughts on them of which one is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes BraedenDore, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Steering stabilizer suggestions

They both work very well. If you need the extra corrosion resistance, the Carli has a leg up in that regard.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    They both work very well. If you need the extra corrosion resistance, the Carli has a leg up in that regard.
    Would you hold that true to other Thuren products as well? My coils and a rear shocks are already rusting.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren 1.75” Springs | Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar | S&B CAI | Airlift Airbags |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree with the above! He stated it perfectly. Which products are you referring to? Depending on driving conditions and road conditions and how many times they get hit with rocks and other road debris everything will have the potential to start getting rust spots on them sadly

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    Would you hold that true to other Thuren products as well? My coils and a rear shocks are already rusting.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren 1.75” Springs | Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar | S&B CAI | Airlift Airbags |
    What is rusting? Stock coils and shocks, or Thuren coils and shocks? If Thuren,which Thuren shocks?

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Running a Thuren King here..... Direct bolt in and is awesome.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

What is rusting? Stock coils and shocks, or Thuren coils and shocks? If Thuren,which Thuren shocks?
    My Thuren coils are starting to rust a bit but I think part of that’s from me when I was installing, I marked the coils up a bit with the spring compressor and the rust has kinda just taken over. I may just re powder coat the springs soon. But one of my fox 2.0 Remote reservoir Shocks are rusting on the shaft. Talked to Don and he’s in the works with fox to get it rectified. He says it looks like they used just a steel shaft in the one shock because it’s the only one that’s rusted.

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fox slipped you a stinker? Weird. The coils are going to get rusty if there isn't something protecting them, no matter who makes them. Never use a spring compressor to install the coils, the front end will droop out enough to get a very long coil in if you take a few extra minutes to disconnect the track bar and the brake line keepers.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Fox slipped you a stinker? Weird. The coils are going to get rusty if there isn't something protecting them, no matter who makes them. Never use a spring compressor to install the coils, the front end will droop out enough to get a very long coil in if you take a few extra minutes to disconnect the track bar and the brake line keepers.
    That was my plan not to use a compressor but I didn’t raise the truck enough with my red neck set up and couldn’t drop the axle any farther LOL. Had to go buy a spring compressor to finish the job haha. I have a friend who has a 4 post hoist and I’m gonna use his hoist to be able too drop the axle enough this time and powder coat the springs again.